Chapter 5

"Kek-" Midoriya cuts himself off when he starts coughing on blood that kept filling his throat and mouth...

"IZUKJ!" The screaming sound of my voice rings in everyone's ears...

Just as they turn to see the light behind the greenete's eyes flicker out...

Those eyes that were always filled with joy no matter the circumstance

Had gone dark, leaving nothing of his funny and awkward self behind...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Next day 3:33 am 3rd POV~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kekkan jolts up, shaking and in a cold sweat. Panting from exhaustion even though he had just woken up.

"Izuku-" He says quietly, barely able to hear his voice crack and waver as tears start to fall down his cheeks.

Looking around Kekkan realizes that he is still in his room, as he was when he had fallen asleep. Reaching his hand out to his desk he grabs his phone and checks the time. Seeing it was 3:33 am he gets both scared and confused.

The nightmare had been so real, he could have sworn it actually happened.

The young Ketsueki only breaks out of it when he sees that his phone suddenly had a multitude of teardrops on it. Wiping his phone against his bedsheets before checking his phone again and calling Izuku.

The phone rings and rings and rings, Kekkan almost began believing that what he dreamt actually happened and he had just passed out and someone brought him home.

His breath is cut off as the phone is answered and someone speaks, "Hello? Kekkan are you oka-"

The former quickly hangs up the phone and wraps his arms around himself before sobbing with relief.

Time quickly passes and the sun slowly rises, soon Kekkan cracks his swollen and red eyelids open and looks towards his open window that had the sunlight streaming through. To which he responded by laying onto his side and turning away from the window, hesitantly trying to go back to sleep while not trying to see it again.

No one at school saw Kekkan that day, no call in sick, no nothing. Not many of his classmates noticed since he had stayed by himself most of the previous school day. Those that did notice, wondered where he was, and the green-ete who had been called in the middle of the night worried. Both about what happened that would make Kekkan sound like he was about to shatter into a million pieces, and what happened after their early morning call was cut off.

Weirdly, it was a small bit of luck that Kekkan had not shown up to school that day, as the training exercise they would take in the Hero-ing 101 would not work very well with an odd number of students. And the snow-haired boy would never fully understand what had happened at the school in his absence.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Next day At UA 3rd POV~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luckily for Midoriya, and later for the whole class, Kekkan showed up at school the next day. The latter gazing out the homeroom window and out at the entrance to see Midoriya being swarmed by reporters asking what it was like to have All Might as a teacher.

And to everyone but Aizawa and Kekkan's surprise, the reporters were quickly shut up by Aizawa as he stopped them from asking any more questions before walking back through the gate and towards UA. But of course, being the stubborn reporter she was, the lady tried to follow suit so she could ask All Might herself. Which as she approached the gate, the latter beeped and flashed a bright red before large walls quickly sprouted up from the ground and around the already tall school wall.