Chapter 14 - Back to Beacon High

Start from the beginning

"The offing was barred by a black band of clouds and the tranquil waterway, leading to the uttermost end of the earth flowed somber under an overcast sky, seemed to lead into the heart of an immense darkness". A young and beautiful woman walked into the room, her heels clipped on the floor as she read out the text we had all received. "This is the last line of the first book we are going to read... it is also the last text you will receive in this class, phones off everyone". I pressed the off button on my phone and placed it back in my pocket. She wrote her name on the board 'Miss Blake'. She turned back to the class. "Get your books out and copy what I write on the board".

The class was quiet as we copied what Miss Blake had written on the board, it wasn't very exciting and I found myself yawning from time to time. A few minutes went by, even though it felt like forever and a teacher came into the room. He whispered something to Miss Blake before she announced. "Mr. McCall". She gestured her finger towards her, Scott got out of his seat and followed her out of the classroom. She returned a few moment later without Scott. My mind lingered on the thought for a second before Miss Blake continued to write on the board and I began copying it down again. I heard Lydia and stiles have a conversation behind me but I was too concentrated on my work to pay attention to the pair. A loud bang came from the window, I looked over to see blood and some black feathers on the window. My face twisted in confusion, why would a bird smashed into the window so aggressively? Birds squawking took me away from that thought, I looked towards the horizon outside and saw a bunch of birds flying towards the window with some speed. Miss Blake had noticed at this point and she slowly walked over to the window. A bunch seemed to turn into hundred... hundreds of birds that were flying towards us. Some students turned their attention away from the window and went back to copying the board, some people are so oblivious. Birds began hitting the window and soon they were smashing through the window. I felt a sharp pain on my cheek as glass shattered. "Get down everyone!" Miss Blake wrapped her arms around some students and put a desk on the floor facing side wards, she was blocking the birds from her and the students. I felt a hand grabbed my arm and pull me down, I looked behind me to see Stiles, a panic look filled his face as he pulled me towards me. His other hand was on Lydia, he pulled us both into him and pushed our head into his chest and covered our faces with his hands. He was protecting us from the birds that were attacking us. Students screamed as birds squawked, I closed my eyes, I was too scared to open them in case a bird flew into my face. All of a sudden the squawking stopped, the screams disappeared and everything went quiet. I felt Stiles body relax as he lifted his head up, I found the courage to open my eyes and look around the room. It was carnage, desks were all over the floor, feathers were everywhere, dead birds laid on the floor and students were covered in scratches.

"Are you okay?" Stiles asked Lydia and I as we got up from the floor. Lydia nodded her head, fear stayed in her eyes.

"Yeah thanks",

"Your cheek", Stiles caressed my cheek, he moved his thumb too close to the scratch on my cheek and I winced in pain. "Sorry".

"It's okay it's only a scratch", I told him as he removed his hand from my face.

"Yeah Stiles it's only a scratch meanwhile my hair looks like a bird nest", she said, patting down her hair. Stiles and I have each other a knowing look. Air filled my nostrils and a little snort came out.

"Too soon Lydia", I said which only confused the poor girl. Stiles on the other hand, understood what I meant and began chuckling.

It felt like hours before the police arrived, they were as confused as we were. Sheriff Stilinski was with them and walked over to Stiles, Lydia and I. Behind him I noticed Allison's dad arrive alone with some paramedics. "What the hell happened here?" Sheriff Stilinski asked looking bewildered.

"No clue", stiles replied shaking his head. His dad huffed and looked over to Allison and her dad, he must've heard something interesting as he glided over there and began speaking to them.

"Please tell me that this had nothing to do with the supernatural", my eyes pleaded my Lydia and Stiles but this is Beacon Hills I knew this has everything to do with the supernatural. I was right, Stiles and Lydia told me all about the deer crashing into Lydia's and her dog biting her and now this. They don't know exactly what's happening but they know this isn't a coincidence. "I should've known".

Stiles turned his phone back on and as soon as he did, it started vibrating aggressively. A look of panic formed on his face. "I've got to go", he said as he put his phone to his ear. Leaving me with a distraught Lydia.

"Come on let's go to the bathroom and sort your hair out", I said to her. I grabbed her bag and linked my arm with hers. I felt like a spy looking around corners making sure there was no cute boys that could see Lydia like this.

She gasped as she saw herself in the mirror, disgusted by the person look back at her. I started unbraiding her hair while she grabbed her brush out of her bag and began delicately brushing her hair. She brushed over the bits of hair that were in the braid, straightening them out ready for me to braid them again. She turned away from the mirror trusting me to make her look good, I did a Dutch braid at the front part of her hair. She already looks beautiful but she totally rocked this look. When she turned back around and looked at herself in the mirror she grinned widely, satisfied with her look. After we were done in the bathroom we left to go and look for Allison, it wasn't hard to find her she was back at her locker sorting her books out. She seems fine after that whole ordeal, if I see another bird again it'd be too soon. Allison put a few more books into her locker, grabbed two out and rested them on her arm. We went to walk off however, we were stopped by a tall and beautiful female. She asked Allison, "Where's Scott McCall?... you're Allison right?"

"Yeah, how did you know?" She replied eyeing the female up and down.

"Where Scott?" The female had an intense feel to her.

"He had to leave, he was supposed to be back in..."

The female cut her off and clenched onto her arm "Is he coming back?"

"Hey, cool it lady", I tried to push her hand off Allison's arm but she didn't budge instead with her free hand she grabbed my arm. Her grip got tighter as she looked intensely down the hallway behind us. Allison and I turned to see who she was staring at but as we did she let go and left. "Okay that was weird". I held my left arm, the one she was holding onto, in my right hand and examined the area where she was touching, she left a bruise but not an ordinary bruise, it was lines... like the outline of her fingers or lines of a plus sign. "She bruised me". Allison noticed the bruise and lifted her arm, she had the same bruise. "Wait put your arm next to mine". She did as I said and when she did the lines matched together. "What does it mean?"

"Come on let's get you girls out of here, school can wait another day". Allison's dad said, I hadn't heard him talk before. His voice was deep and demanding, he was intimidating but I would do anything he told me because damn he was goodlooking.

Allison's dad took me home, thought of what my bruise could mean raced through my mind, apparently it was also racing through Allison's mind as she sent me a text. 'I'll pick you up later and we will find out what our bruises mean, Allison x'

'Cute she signs her texts' I thought to myself as I pushed open my front door. 'It's great to be back'.