Chapter 39: Special Short Story: The Gift

Start from the beginning

Renny returned to his quarters after a few minutes of privately washing up.

He had been discreet and had excused himself from the dining table to use the toilet, but it was much more than that. He had accidentally soiled his underwear with his last digestive attack and had to clean-up and change.

Indeed there were difficulties with his new body, surprises he never expected. But how could anyone have known Johnny Lazarus in his life had been lactose intolerant and that diary would affect his body in such a way?

Wrapped in a towel from the waist down, he walked to his quarters from the visitor's toilet closet. Here, Sebastian was waiting for him with new pair of trousers and underwear.

"This is very embarrassing, Sebastian," he said, red-faced. "I have never, ever, soiled myself like that."

"There is always a first time for everything, Master Renfrew," Sebastian replied with an understanding smile. "Do not dwell on it."

"I love milk and eggs and now...I will never be able to have them again without digestive distress. I'll have to watch what is served at parties as well."

"I'll have to adjust the menu as well for your stomach," Sebastian mused. Then smiled. "But I do not believe it will be a bother. Soy milk and foods processed with soy beans can be very tasty if prepared properly."

"Does Bardroy know how to prepare soy beans to make edible food?" he asked, getting dressed.

"Bardroy is a mediocre cook, but what he doesn't know, I shall show him."

"Thank you, Sebastian. I would be simply lost without you."

Sebastian smiled. "Analogy inferred, Master Renfrew?" Knowing without Sebastian to help him, Renfrew would still be a ghost. "But take heart, my lord. We will nip this in the bud."

Renfrew nodded. "School in fifteen minutes in the Study?"

"Yes sir."

"I'll meet you down there."

"Very good, my lord." And Sebastian left.

A quarter past ten o'clock am, home school began

A quarter past ten o'clock am, home school began. As the Phantomhive boys would be too much of a target in a regular school and too valuable, Sebastian had become their educator.

For this, Sebastian adore professor attire, including a long brown jacket and spectacles with chains attached at the sides. Atypical like a college or university Prof, and separate from his butler attire.