Chapter 28: Knox To The Rescue

CHAPTER 28 - "KNOX TO THE RESCUE"

Ronald Knox wished that he was anywhere else but this place. The Von Strauss Manor felt so in depth with an evil influence that the shiver down his spine was now starting to make his entire body quiver. He was a Reaper, a being who dealt with death on a daily bases, but the power he felt here was beyond death itself, and he wondered if he should call for reinforcements.

He shook his head. That would make him a coward, despite it being in line with policy if a Reaper felt threatened by a greater power, there was greater strength in numbers. But then all that praise and boasting over the last couple of months when he captured the massive monster Ironstadt would fall to the wayside. And besides, this was his mission, albeit being forced upon him by William. He could handle it…

Damn you, Thann Von Strauss, why did you have to be the first to escape the Processing Centre?

But he had no answer to that. His only insights in the human was his life before his death. At the time of his death, he was twenty-five years old, but he already had a wide-variety of gaming dens he owned and operated, taken from the former owner of illegal underground gambling ring Mathu Kelvin added to him own.

As a kid, Thann Von Strauss was an intelligent boy who aced all his school subjects, but along the way, his arrogance and perhaps his father's influence got the better of him and he never went to college or university to further his education. Instead, he followed the path of his father and became an envoy for the Illuminati, whom Thann had been a part of in his younger years via his father for many years, introduced to some of the wealthiest and influential people in England and throughout the world.

Morally corrupt and at a young age, he began to involve himself in more of the Illuminati, and soon, without him even knowing it, engulfed himself within their world of immorally ambiguous people, eventually bringing his little brother into the fold. And they both engaged in ceremonial sexual acts that the Illuminati thought would peak an interest of a demon. The Illuminati thought they knew all there was to know about their world and wanted to know the secrets of the ages, so Thann accepted the ideal of a blood sacrifice, killing his sister to summon a demon while having sex with her.

It didn't work. And that was also the moment where his little brother Spencer Von Strauss became repulsed by everything the Illuminati was, as well as the immortality of his own family. Spencer then wished to expose the Illuminati, but Thann was sent by their father to stop him. And through an association by a mutual acquaintance, Thann and a demon set to break Spencer by giving the boy his most heart-felt desire, knowing Spencer was indeed gay. But this is when the end came for Thann, when in the end, it turned out Thann's hidden desires mirrored that of his brother, and forced Spencer to service him sexually. Thann didn't know at the time that the demon had already turned Spencer and…

Thann bled to death in the secret room that he had brought Spencer to be tortured. Spencer, as some people would say, snapped, and killed his brother by biting off a vital organ. When Knox had gone to the room to retrieve Thann's soul, this organ was sitting next to Thann's bloodied body in a pool of blood. Knox had seen worse things, but it nevertheless disgusted him.

But then why was Thann back here? Was it as simple as Thann wanting to go home? Most spirits wanted to return back to the place where they felt most comfortable in life. This meant Thann would be just as stubborn in death as he was in life would refuse to leave?