Chapter 37: Where It All Began

CHAPTER 37 - "WHERE IS ALL BEGAN"

That night when the servants were asleep, Sebastian with Ciel and Lukas snuck out of the mansion and returned to the cemetery family plot, but this time properly dressed for the weather and time of night. The temperature had dropped and had become seasonal for Winter. There was a chilly breeze blowing and the moon wasn't as full and was semi-covered by passing cloud cover. Mist covered the ground.

Sebastian had brought a lantern, and they traveled through the secret passageway he had made that lead from the mansion in the basement to the cemetery, and up into what was now a broken crypt dedicated to Vincent and Rachel Phantomhive. As soon they were within open space, Sebastian used his powers to rebuild it exactly to original specifications, until at last, the crypt, albeit symbolic only in nature, was fixed. He also repaired the broken statuesque of one of his masters' late great aunts he had thrown Mathu Kelvin into the other day. Until everything was as it was.

Sebastian had sent a telepathic message through communication methods of his own use to his sons. He had not received a message back, but he had told them a time and place to meet, despite one day later than normal. It was nearing the witching hour, close to the time Sebastian had designated, and they waited in the middle of the cemetery, in an atmosphere that made Lukas nervous.

"I don't like being out in the open like this," Lukas said, "it makes me feel vulnerable. Uneasy."

"Perhaps a remnant emotion of when you were Bryon Kelvin's assassin, my lord?" Sebastian suggested. "Being of that mind, you most likely preferred secrecy and coversion. I enjoy wide, open spaces, myself."

"Someone who says that is often a little claustrophobic," Lukas replied.

"When I was first training with my mentor Master Belial - and it just so happen it was also the first day I encountered Decco - I became entombed in a small cavern Decco threw me in when we scuffled, and he sealed its entrance. I broke out, but I did not allow the fear of it to ruin me. There is no fear but fear itself. The mansion does not bother me, but very enclosed spaces do make me nervous."

"Attributed back to when Vesuvius was erupting and you did not wish to become entombed like your Roman brethren in Pompeii?" Ciel said. "Much like so many of them are today and still being uncovered."

"That's cruel, Ciel," Lukas said sternly.

It didn't take long for two entities to make their appearance. They were dressed in black suits, ties with octagonal spectacles. If Lukas didn't know any better, Braydon and Brandon looked like they were dressed in the standard uniform of Reapers.

"Hello, father," they both said in unison.

"Braydon, Brandon, how nice it is to see you. I did know you would get my message. I know you are quite busy these days." Sebastian stepped forward to shake both their hands. But then the twins hugged their father. They parted. "Allow me to introduce you to Lord Ciel and Lord Lukas of Phantomhive. I believe I have spoken about Ciel prior and I know you already know Lukas from previously."

Braydon and Brandon both smiled. "A pleasure to make your acquaintance," Braydon spoke.

"Indeed, father has told us so much about you Ciel," Brandon said. "And we have been keeping tabs on Lukas from afar. We are pleased you have finally made your way home."