CHAPTER 8

Hello guys... Kudos to @n-i-t-h-y-a and @bindu1974, who guessed the villain correctly. Here you go...

Chandrika landed on a hard floor. But surprisingly she didn't feel any pain, nor was she hurt anywhere. She slowly raised her head, got up and look around.

It was a weird place, surrounded by darkness. It had a fighting arena, lit with fire torches. At the farther end of the place, opposite to her, stood a man with his back towards her.

"Welcome, dear one," the man said.

Chandrika, at once, recognized the voice. It was the same voice she had heard in her dream, though it was not as mesmerizing as it had sounded in the dream. The man slowly turned around to face her.

 The man slowly turned around to face her

Chandrika gasped. No way would she forget those eyes. She hadn't been able to recognize those eyes in her dream, but now she fully knew where she had seen them. He was the same man she had helped on the river bank, after her Arghyadaan. But instead of the old and fragile one, the man had the body of a well – built warrior. Though the clothes were same as they had been that day. But the most prominent aspect of his personality was the scars on his body and the big one in the centre of his forehead.

Something clicked in her mind. A very vague memory. But it was so faded that she couldn't remember it clearly.

"We have met before," the man said, amused seeing the confused yet confident and calculating gaze of Chandrika. He was astonished to see her masking her fear so well.

"Yes, at the Ganga-tat, few days ago," Chandrika replied, cautiously.

"You are partially right. That was me, of course, at the Ganga-tat; but that was not our first meet. We have met way before that... in the presence of.... your dear father."

Chandrika jogged her memory to remember him.

In presence of Pitashree...

Scar on the forehead...

Gem on the forehead...

ASHWATTHAMA!!!

"Dronaputra Ashwatthama???" Chandrika gawked at the man, with wide eyes.

"Splendid!! You are Karn's daughter. You do resonate the same intelligence," Ashwatthama said, slowly walking around the arena. Chandrika too began walking around, trying to maintain the same distance that was there initially.

"What do you want?" Chandrika asked, trying to keep her tone as cold as ice. Though her heart was beating so loudly that a person standing beside her would hear it as clearly as her voice. But there was no help, she could expect. She was on her own.

"Straight to the point, haan? Well then, so be it... Let's have a dual... Even I want to see how the Pandavas have trained their niece.

Rules are as follows: