EPILOGUE

With a plate full of besan laddoos and a banana leaf package held at the bottom of the plate, Chandrika was once again making her way to the private sabhagriha of the Pandavas in the Hastinapur palace. She chuckled lightly as she remembered the fuss her Subhadra Maa had created, when she had reached back Hastinapur and she had seen her with that thick white bandage. She had been confined to her chambers for an entire week and only after getting an 'OK' signal from her mother and her youngest two Kakashrees, had she been able to resume her routine. And she was terribly happy to get back to it finally. Krishna and Balram had left soon after she had recovered, but not without a proper long session of scoldings from their Bua. Rajmata Kunti had even given an earful to all her sons separately. Chandrika had watched it with Subhadra and Draupadi from afar and had enjoyed it thoroughly, though she had felt bad for her poor uncles.

She reached the entrance of the sabhagriha and was welcomed by the usual scene of Vrishketu complaining about Parikshit to his Kakashrees. Seeing this, her mind travelled to her last conversation with her Pitashree in Suryalok.

Flashback:

"So you want to go back to your Kakashrees, don't you?" Karn asked, seeing the determined look on Chanda's face.

"I can't leave them alone, Pitashree. Not after they have all been through. They mean the world to me, and I mean the world to them. They surely treat me more affectionately than they would have treated their own daughters. I have no right to subject them to the pain of losing their child once again. Not if I can help it," Chandrika replied, guilt of hurting her father present clearly in her voice. Karn chuckled lightly hearing that guilt.

"You don't have feel sorry for it, my dear girl. I wouldn't have expected nothing less than this from you," Karn said, pulling Chandrika in a hug. She cried a bit, as the thought of separating from her father once again struck her.

"I should leave now, Pitashree. They have waited for too long now," she said, once she had calmed down.

"Ayushmann Bhava Putri," he said, as she bent down to take his blessings. "Take care of all of my brothers. I can't believe they are still kids at heart."

"I will. I won't let you down," Chandrika replied.

"And try to forgive Mata Kunti if you can," he added, with a little hope in his voice.

"It's not possible, Pitashree. I'm not a saint. I know holding grudges is not good, but... but this won't be possible for me," Chandrika replied, averting her eyes.

Karn just caressed her head lovingly, at that reply of his daughter, while shaking his head in disappointment.

Present:

"Why are you standing there, Chanda? Come inside. I am hungry," Bheem said, bringing her out of her thoughts.

"Coming, Kakashree Bheem," Chandrika said, with a light chuckle.

She handed over the plate to Bheem and passed the banana leaf package to Sahadev as usual, who along with Nakul took two and passed the package to Arjun who took one and passed the package to Yudhisthir who as usual emptied it in Bheem's plate. Chandrika had as usual settled down beside Yudhisthir and taken one for herself when the package was being passed from Arjun to Yudhisthir. As she saw her Jyesht Kakashree emptying the package in Bheem's plate, she just rolled her eyes, broke her laddoo into two halves and forwarded one half to him. And as usual, left with no other choice, Yudhisthir obliged.

Soon enough, the sabha dispersed as Sahadev went on to check the new lot of ammunitions, while Nakul went with Bheem carrying Parikshit and Vrishketu along with them. That left only Yudhisthir, Arjun and

"You still haven't answered my question from that day, dear one," Yudhisthir reminded her gently. Chandrika knew he was talking about the question he had asked when she had regained her consciousness, and which she had avoided answering. However she thought of answering it now.

"Well... Pitashree told me about it when I was leaving him. And mind you, he too was disappointed with your decision," she said, playing with a loose thread on his angavastra.

"You... you met Bhrata Karn?" Arjun asked in a shocked tone. Chandrika just hummed at that.

"How... how is that possible?" Yudhisthir asked, equally shocked at that reveal.

"I don't know about that. I just know that he gave me a choice. To stay with him forever or to return back to you all," Chandrika replied casually.

"And... and you chose us?" Arjun asked, his voice choking in the end.

"Of course, Kakashree. Even he was sure about this choice of mine," Chandrika said, gently squeezing Arjun's hand. Yudhisthir gave her a tight hug at that and pecked softly on her hair. Both the brothers had tears in their eyes, yet bright smiles on their lips.

She got up from her place and made her way towards to the door so that they could contemplate about this. But then, she remembered something and turned to face them once again.

"Kakashree?" she called, from the entrance, "Do you know what were his parting words to me?"

Receiving a confused glance from both of them, she chuckled.

"He said that,

I may have been born as KARN NANDINI,

But,

I am destined to be known as VIJAYATMAJA and DHARMAPRIYA to the world."

And with that, the granddaughter of the Light Bringer himself, who, just like the sun had herself burned to provide light to the world, marched out of the sabhagriha.

The fate of the Dark Fated Kanya was not Dark anymore now.

*****DRUM ROLLS*****

So guys, I hereby declare that the journey of Dark Fated Kanya ends here. Do let me how it was in the comment box.

A big thanks to all my readers who have followed this story religiously and supported my maiden work with their votes and comments. A heartfelt gratitude to all.

Take care, stay home, stay safe...

See you soon... 

P. S.: I hope I didn't ruin the ending for you all. Because I myself don't find it up to the mark. I didn't want the teary meet drama, hence I just cut that short. Hope I haven't disappointed you all. I am still open to suggestions. If anyone feels I should add something for the end, do let me know in the comment box.