Chapter 7

Kuyi hakuri..... Y'all should not kill me abeg!!😭 Na rantse I forgot about the book neh. Sorry🥺.
........................

Minal's POV

Today is the day I'll become Mrs. Ammar Tukur. I'll now be living under the same roof with a guy.... Babu Mama babu Baba....
I woke up 6am, actually I am the only one awake. I couldn't sleep all night. I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't hear the door opening....
  "Mama na" Baba called
"Na'am baba" I looked up at him. "Kin tashi ashe, toh zo ki same ni a daki na (you're awake already, come meet me in my room" he said. "Toh baba gani nan zuwa ( okay baba I'm coming)", with that he closed the door and left. I stood up from my bed and entered the bathroom, did my lady business and took a bath, I came out, rubbed my moisturizer and wore my navy blue abaya. Oh Allah Hanan and Fa'iza(my cousin) can sleep for Africa, they have literally blocked the way out I had to jump over them before I could pass🙄.
I knocked and entered Baba's room with a Salam to which he answered, like I expected Mama is still sleeping.
   "Baba gani" I said finding a place on the floor to sit
"Mama na I called you here to talk to you because I will not be here later for the Kai Amarya" to which I nodded and he continued. "Mama na in this life one must face obstacles, hurdles and tests all from the Almighty, that doesn't mean He doesn't love you no it is actually because He loves you and He wants to see the amount of Tawakkul and Sabr in you, that's why Mama na everyone will keep emphasizing on the word Sabr... Patience my daughter, have faith in Allah SWT and everything will be okay. As you're about to go into a new chapter in your life I want to enter with good imaan, never let a third party come into your relationship with your husband, kinji ni?" I asked, to which I nodded again unsure of what to say. "Nagode Baba, Insha Allah I'll do as you said and I'll do everything I can in my power to make you proud" I said with tears running down my cheeks. "Allah ya Miki albarka, Allah ya bada zaman lafiya". "Ameen Baba"... "Toh tashi kije" he said, and I left.. closing the door behind me.
I went back into my room and laid down on my bed thinking about what baba told me, thinking about marriage itself, hoping it'll turn out to be easy but I knew it was just a wishful thinking, I didn't even know I drifted off until I heard whispers from behind me, I woke up just in time to see the worried faces of my friends. "What's wrong??" I asked "uhm... " Fa'iza started "Jalila and her mom just arrived" Hanan said worriedly..... "Oh crap" I said. To fill you guys in... Jalila is my cousin her dad is baba's younger brother. Jalila and her mom hate me...why you ask? I don't know either oh and she's Ammar's best friend, everyone knows that she has a crush on him but unfortunately he doesn't seem to realize it. Come to think of it, it was after she became his best friend that he stopped being nice to me, God knows what lies she told him. Anyways she's the least of my concerns now.... I'm getting married in the next few hours, let me scream!! I'm so nervous right now.
  "Forget about her for now, you need to take a bath" Fa'iza said "I did, tun 6am when you guys were busy snoring" I said rolling my eyes "we don't snore" they said at the same time. "Tell that to someone who doesn't know you" I said in a singsong whilst entering the bathroom, I brushed my teeth and came out, "what time is it anyway" I asked, "10am" Hanan replied. Just as I was about to ask her where Goggo Mari is I heard a knock and a salam, talk about the devil and the devil appears, "Amarya kenan" Goggo Mari says "Today is our last day of gyaran jiki" she added... Yes!!! finally alhamdulillah!!! "Allah sarki Goggo Mari I'll miss this" I said feigning sadness, "we both know you're lying, you're not going to miss anything" she said, eyebrow raised staring at me with the"don't deny it" look, making me grin sheepishly.
After what seems like forever she finished and gave me some perfumes to take a bath with, after coming out I saw some people I didn't think i was going to see. "Dahlia!!! Zoya!!!" I screamed "Aisha!!!" They screamed back running over to hug me. "When and how did you guys get here?" I asked "your Dad sent us his private jet to pick us up" Zoya said in her mixed indian and English language. Aww🥺 I remember telling Baba that my wedding wouldn't be complete without Zoya and Dahlia.... So he brought them. I made a mental note at the back of my head to thank him later. Zoya and Dahlia are my friends in Massachusetts actually the only friends I have there, Zoya and Dahlia Kabir are twins from India. I found a flowy dress in my wardrobe and wore it sitting down to gist with them. Few minutes after Hanan entered with a Salam and we answered. "Here is your food Amarya and your clothes for today, I'll be leaving now, Zoya and Dahlia she's in your care now make sure she eats and gets dressed on time before 1pm. The makeup artist will be here by 12. Fa'iza has gone to pick her up. Okay? That's it". All the while she has been talking I was just staring at her, eyes filled with tears. A wonderful best friend anyone would wish for. "No tears Minal, you're gonna make me cry too" she said sniffing, I nodded wiping my tears away. "Bye love, I'll be back after finishing up my duties as the groom's sister" she said hugging me "Bye" I said.
" Okayy now stop those tears and eat" Zoya said, to which I nodded to.

...……….........…………………………...
Aww!! Best friend goalsss!!❤️

Now we know who Jalila is. And am I the only one understanding what's going on here, Jalila has a crush on Ammar, Jalila telling him the "truth" about our Aisha Minal. We shall soon find out the truth.

With love Chuchu😉❤️