Chapter One: A Guide To Being Somewhat A Masochist By Park Jisung

Alright, time to get back to cheesy romance stories, Sexual Tension made me do lots of scenes that are— well u can judge from the name of the book :')

"Chenle!"

It was a normal Monday morning— well as normal as it can be but still in any odds normal (for Jisung at least). The sun was shining, the birds were chirping, the students were laughing as they talk among one another. It was considered a somewhat perfect day.

Aside from the shout of course that had Jisung flinching in his seat, suddenly dropping his spoon, which mind you was holding up soup— back into the thermos in front of him. Everyone's eyes then wandered to an older yet smaller male, face seething with anger.

The dolphin-like screeches and laugh, followed after, as a boy around Jisung's age tumbled in, ignoring the older's wrathful glare.

"Oh my god! I'm so sorry Ge!" Then he wheezes out even more laughter. Jaemin awkwardly chuckles, eyes shifting between the angry male and the laughing dolphin rolling on the floor of the rooftop. As if saying how dead the younger male was.

Then he notices the drenched clothes the older was wearing, water dripping on to the ground forming a puddle.

"What happened to you?" Hyuck slaps a hand over his mouth, trying to stop any giggles from slipping out. Renjun turns to him, a warning look on his face before turning back to the younger Chinese who had just recovered from laughing like a mad man.

Both Jisung and Jeno watched the four silently, amused glints in their eyes as Renjun proceeds to tackle the other Chinese, causing his damped clothes to dampen the other.

"Agh! Renjun- Ge!"

Jisung watched the interaction, a giggle escaping his lips, but he couldn't hold back the obvious cold feeling spreading through his chest and constricting against his heart. He watched the two fondly roughhouse one another, laughter echoing through the open space. Jisung wanted to hit himself for even thinking wrongly in the first place but he couldn't help himself, especially when there were clear feelings for the younger Chinese.

"Jisung!" The maknae turned his head to the side, making direct eye contact to piece of chicken stuck on to a fork.

"Ah! Hyung!"

"Come here, maknae-yah. Eat up!" Jaemin said, making cooing noises which Jisung had looked at with disgust, even though he reluctantly ate the piece of chicken anyways.

Before Jaemin could start again, Jeno had pulled him back scolding him from bothering the maknae like that. Jisung just chuckles, Jeno was perfect for Jaemin.

"Hey Ji." Chenle says all of a sudden from behind him, positioning himself beside the youngest.

His slightly smudged wet clothes stuck on to his skin, distracting Jisung just a tiny bit (Jisung tries not to dwell on his thoughts much longer), he looks at the male a little confused. "Uh, what?"

Chenle merely scratched the back of his neck, "So, you mind if I come over tonight?"

The maknae blinks but nods, gratefully, Chenle shifts the topic to Mario Kart, a game Jisung couldn't seem to beat Chenle at (to be fair, he never really excelled at anything against Chenle, except dance maybe).

The topics then shifted to school work which had lots of complaints by the way, and even somehow college for the seniors, it wasn't until the school bell rang once again showing that lunch was over and the males had to forcefully drag themselves from where they were towards the doorway to the staircase.

And maybe Jisung tried to avoid the way Renjun held Chenle's arm as they walked themselves down the stairs.

Jisung's mom was there to greet both Chenle and him when they got home which was a surprise to both boys.

His mother was an architect, and almost all the time she had a project to do and was barely home, leaving Jisung to himself. His father was a doctor, a general surgeon and for some days he doesn't come home at all which again left Jisung to himself. Him against the world he always tells himself.

Jisung's mother greets them with a genuine smile, as the two quickly greet her before ushering themselves towards the younger's room.

"So, what I said yesterday." Chenle starts when he found himself feeling comfortable on the maknae's bed. Jisung finds himself seated cross legged on his study desk's table and he raised an eyebrow on the older.

"What about yesterday?" He frowns, even if he already knew what it the other meant.

The Chinese huffs, putting both palms on his cheeks, "My feelings for Renjun Ge, Ji!"

Jisung shifts on his seat, a feeling of something like a cold wash rushing over his body and he finds himself internally glaring at himself for even feeling such a thing. He laughs anyways, earning a playful glare from his best-friend.

"I was only joking Le," He snorts, at his own statement. "Anyways are you planning to confess or...?" Jisung trails off, giving the older blonde male some time to think.

Apparently he didn't need it as he sighs, "I don't know, I don't even think Renjun Ge has feelings for me!" The male dramatically whines, dropping on to the younger's bed with a loud over-exaggerated sigh.

"How would you know that?" He asks, eyes softening at the sight of the dilemma present in the other's eyes.

Chenle sits up and looks him straight in the eye, "He sees me as a brother Sung," He said sadly, fiddling with his hoodie strings. "He probably thinks I'm a child!" He screeches that it had Jisung flinch a little.

"Chenle," He starts, earning the other's attention. "I know for a fact Hyung doesn't see you as a brother— at all, probably," Jisung winces at his own predicament, man he sucks at comforting people. "But— he definitely doesn't just see you as a friend Le. And if he doesn't like you then well, what do other people say?— there are other fishes in the sea." Like me. The younger wants to stop himself from thinking such things now.

Despite Jisung thinking his way of consoling someone is bad, his words seem to do the trick as a smile makes its way to his bestfriend's lips. "You think so?"

Jisung shrugs gulping down the lump in his throat, "It's possible Injun Hyung may have feelings for you, fifty-fifty percent chance you know? Whatever the outcome maybe Le, you have me to support you all the way." Fucking hell Jisung are you stupid?

Chenle sniffs, playfully throwing a pillow at his direction, "When did you get sappy you sap." But there was no bite in his tone as he smiles at younger. A friendly smile. A friendly smile.