Prologue: Shout Out To My Brain For Being A Depressed Little Shit

HiHi!! As you know this book has been up for awhile now and I'm excited as fuck to start it :) I hope you all enjoy this Jisung Centric FF as I practically vent here. Also I gave up making the speech texts bold so if you cam here from Sexual Tension then I'm sorry

Jisung would never admit it. He usually couldn't because he was almost always terrified.

Jisung was a coward, and though he was lucky he had friends despite gaining the crippling feeling of anxiety at every person who meets his eye— that doesn't mean he wasn't lonely. His friends, mostly known around the school as the Dreamies, were a popular group of friends, and no, not because they're rich or anything, they're just— known. Maybe it was because, Jaemin, a close "friend" of his, was everyone's favourite school mate, considering he was the student body president— or maybe it was because of Donghyuck who was popular for snatching basketball player's Wong Yukhei's heart last year when he was just a junior.

Either way, Jisung didn't know, nor did he care as much. People would approach him and he would simply nod in acknowledgement and even though in the inside he was crying from social awkwardness, he would just monotonously sit down beside a glass window, overlooking the court yard where middle schoolers were already messing around or run away as far as possible from the person who tried their best to interact with him.

Jisung more often than not finds himself wondering, what was the point? He lived as if he was only there to support everyone, unlike Jaemin who had family problems (and though that's not a good thing, at least something was happening in his life) or even Chenle with disagreeing and rebelling against his parents over certain topics they want him to fulfil while Jisung... Jisung's just there. His parents never force him to do anything, he was an only child, and his life seemed seemingly perfect. Though that was one of his downfalls.

It's funny how people depict depression as someone who hates everything and everyone, anger appearing here and there when in reality, it wasn't like that. Though some cases were like that and honestly, Jisung feels afraid thinking that he might end up like that in the near future but the boy knew it was most unlikely.

Depression makes you feel empty like something was missing from your life and most people who have depression end up never finding it, resulting in sad and sorrowful deaths. The problem in Jisung's case was that he didn't know what was missing. He just finds himself waking up the next morning, tucked in his sheets, arguably tired from nothing but sleeping on his bed. He notices immediately the way his body starts to lessen its eagerness to wake up to get ready to go to school or even just hang out with friends, to the point it just aches.

Jisung feels empty, an un-ending void in his heart that just digs deeper and deeper for every passing second that Jisung for some odd reason, cannot fix or even just patch up.

The knocking on his door interrupts his thoughts, his eyes that had fixed on to the ceiling were now trained on his door which kept getting hit on by the person outside. Begrudgingly, he peels himself away from the sheets and opens the door. Revealing a smiling bubble-gum haired boy.

Suprised and barely awake Jisung eyes him confusedly, only recognising the boy from when he hugs him, his strong coffee and peach sent making its way on to his nostrils and throughout the room. Jisung fears the room may smell like him the moment he leaves.

Which isn't a good thing.

"Jisungie!" The boy painfully squeezes the youngest's stretchy cheeks. "How's my favourite dongsaeng!"

Awful. "Great! What're you doing here Hyung?" Na Jaemin snickers, throwing himself on the maknae's bed, immediately ruining Jisung's hope for the room to not smell like the older.