"Take them away too!" Titus demanded, but Lexa quickly stopped him. He looked at her and pleaded that the traitors be executed, but she just held her hand up to shush him.

"Let her make her move." She muttered.

The rest of the Ambassadors—aside from Clarke—took that as their queue to stand up as well, and state the same phrase. "Nou Heda noumou."

"Commander, what is this?" Clarke questioned, worriedly.

"This is a coup." Dakota answered instead. The irritation prominent in her voice.

"This is the law." Queen Nia corrected, as she stood up and looked at Lexa. "Her law. A unanimous vote of the ambassadors or death are all that can remove a Commander from power."

"It's not unanimous." Clarke remarked, but the Queen quickly scowled at her.

"We don't recognize the legitimacy of Skaikru." She sneered.

"We do." Titus gritted with anger. "Yesterday, Skaikru took the brand. They are the 13th clan. This vote of no confidence fails!" He pointed at each and every ambassador that was standing with pride. "All these coup plotters will suffer the exact same fate as the Ice Queen!"

"She won't take our heads because she knows our armies will retaliate." Nia stated, matter-of-factly. "None of us here wants war."

"We both know what you want, Nia." Lexa finally spoke. She stood up from her throne and slowly, yet confidently, walked closer to the Queen. Her green eyes like daggers shooting at her, but Nia was unfazed. "If you think me unfit to command, issue the challenge and let's get on with it."

"Very well," She smirked. "You are challenged."

"And I accept your challenge."

"So be it." Titus begrudgingly announced. "Single combat. Warrior against warrior to the death. Queen Nia of Azgeda, who do you choose to be your champion?"

"My son, Roan. Prince of Azgeda."

Roan looked up completely blind-sided and Nia just smiled blandly at him. Clarke, on the other hand, was growing terrified. She new what a good fighter the prince was. She had seen it firsthand when he had captured her.

"Heda, who will fight for you?"

Dakota knew what was coming. She took a deep breath and stepped forward, waiting for the Commander to say her name. However, Lexa didn't even spare her a glance. She just turned around and walked back to her throne. Once she had sat down, her glare on the queen hardened—if that was even possible.

"Ai laik Heda." [I'm the Commander.] She seethed. "Non na throu daun gon ai." [No one fights for me.]

Kota's neck nearly broke due to how fast she had turned her head at Lexa's words. She was both surprised and confused as to why the Commander didn't choose her to battle Roan. However, Lexa still didn't meet her awaiting gaze, and no one decided to question her decision.

Well, at least not in that moment...

Kota and Clarke were walking back into the throne room sometime later, after all of the ambassadors had dispersed. They were met with the sight of Lexa having a teaching lesson with the young nightblood trainees.

"Why aren't you sitting in on this?" The blonde questioned. "Aren't you supposed to be undergoing training as well?"

Kota shook her head, as they entered quietly and walked over to where Titus was standing. "I already know most, if not, all of the teaching lessons. My training really just consists of observing how Lexa rules. That's why I'm usually always by her side. I'm her second."