Octavia kissed her lips and pulled her into a hug. "Well, to me, it doesn't matter who you are, what you do, or where you come from. You're just Dakota, and that will always be enough. I know that's very hypocritical of me to say, but—"

Kota cut her off with another heartfelt kiss, feeling incredibly touched by her words. She grabbed each side of her jaw, before she wrapped her legs around her waist and dragged her to lay back down on the bed with her. She then straddled her hips and leaned down to pepper several more small kisses on Octavia's face and neck. "I love you so much." She mumbled, smiling against her skin.

"Mmm, I love you too." The brunette chuckled, enjoying the tickling sensation from the vibration of Kota's voice against her neck.

The two of them enjoyed whatever time they had left that morning, until it was time for them to unfortunately part ways. Thankfully, Octavia wouldn't be alone on her journey back to Arkadia, because Lexa had already appointed Indra and other warriors to head back as well, so that they could set up a camp and help protect Skaikru from the Ice Nation. That simple fact definitely made Kota feel a lot better, considering the idea that the brunette wouldn't have been safe by herself given the circumstances. Nevertheless, the grounder girl was already looking forward to the time when they would see each other again.

In the meantime, Dakota knew all too well that her time of enjoying the eye of the storm had quickly passed, and it was now time for the calmness to finally dissipate into nothing but the tempestuous turbulence that it was bound to become sooner or later.

___________

"Ambassadors of the coalition," The Commander immediately began, once they all filed in the Throne room. "Today we honor our covenant. " She declared. "The clan that stands against one of us, stands against us all."

It hadn't even been a full five minutes before Dakota was told to quickly meet with Lexa, Clarke and the other ambassadors. She presumed that it must have been something serious, considering the importance of her presence amongst Wanheda and the other ambassadors, and as it turned out, she was correct.

"Lid fingadon in." [Bring in the accused.] Titus's gruff voice demanded.

The doors suddenly opened, revealing a restrained Queen Nia, flanked by two guards. The heavy iron chains of her handcuffs jingled and clanked together, as they entered the room and walked towards Lexa, where the men instantly pushed her to her knees. "Queen Nia of Azgeda has confessed to the destruction of Mount Weather, resulting in the death of 49 members of Skaikru." Titus stated, before facing Clarke, who was sitting on her designated throne amongst the other 12 ambassadors. "Wanheda, what say you?"

Everyone's attention turned to the blonde, who was glaring at the Ice Queen. "Skaikru demands justice." She spoke on their behalf.

Nia immediately scoffed, and gave her a side-eye. "Azgeda nou badan disha gada op nowe." [Azgeda does not answer to this girl.]

"Shof yu op!" [Silence!] Titus bellowed. "The punishment for your crime is death. Do you have anything to say in your defense?"

"I need no defense. She does." The queen glanced at Lexa, whose expression stayed the same. "Today is judgment day. I call for a vote of no confidence."

"Take this Queen to meet her fate." Titus ordered the guards, ignoring her statement.

"Slou yu rou daun." [Not so fast.] One of the ambassadors stood up, boldly. "Nou Heda noumou." [Commander no longer.]

Another ambassador stood up and declared the same chant, and Dakota frowned as she took notice of the way Nia was smirking knowingly. It didn't take long for the girl to realize that they all had planned this. To eventually side with the queen, and overthrow the Commander.