Love and it's consequences

Manik was staring at the void as if asking God " why me?"

he looked so sad and broken that it wrenched Nandini's heart. looking at manik's sad face made her sad too. she didn't expect this day would ever come where she would be affected by the monster's emotions. but now her priorities have changed. she couldn't figure out how though. S he used to think about this, but now at this particular moment she felt so close to manik. Not only physically but emotionally. She wanted to be there for manik. but that wasn't making much of a difference cause manik has just faced a worst truth of his life and this wound would take its time to heal. Nandini may only fasten the process but she couldn't take it away completely .

preeti understood what she had done and tried to cover up. She kneeled down before manik.

"bhai app jante hai naa main aise nahi hun...I was manipulated by this Nandini...she tricked me into this"

manik still wasn't looking at her. He was still staring something beyond her. Tears were rolling down his cheeks. His eyes were already red.

Nandini ignored preeti because at the moment she needed to concentrate on manik.

"Manik!!! " Nandini shaked him and Manik was back to his senses

he stared at Nandini's hand resting on his shoulder. then he looked at Nandini whose face had a shade of fear and affection both.

Nandini wiped out the tears from manik's face.

"i'll already called police ! they will be reaching here any moment" said dhruv dialing some numbers in his phone

preeti sobbed infront of manik.

"bhai please ...you have trust me....this is not me....I am your sister. would you do this with me ?"

manik was still not looking at her. Nandini and manik were looking at each other as if pouring their heart out. Manik has taken Nandini's hands into his.

police arrived at the doorsteps.

"inspector please arrest preeti for the crimes she commited.I have already informed you about all she did" said dhruv

"I know sir...we have already got the arrest warrant for miss preety Malhotra....arrest her.."

inspector ordered his female crew to handcuff preeti.

preeti knew her fake apologies wouldn't help her this time. She has to try something else. she noticed a knife lying on the nearby fruit basket. she got up and ran to the knife. everyone was shocked seeing preeti in action. Nandini stood up and so did manik.

preeti grabbed the knife and turned towards Nandini. they were still holding hands. preeti was burning inside. she wanted to destroy Nandini.

"sab tumhari bajah se ho raha hai...I won't spare you Nandini" and she marched towards Nandini with the knife .

and in a blink of moment Nandini thought she got stabbed and is gonna die. But to her utter surprise she didn't feel any pain. but how so?

she looked down to see .

then she was left completely shocked. the knife never touched her. it stopped before . or it would be better to say that some stopped the knife from hurting her.

manik was holding the knife's blade. blood dripping from the cut .

his eyes were stormy and angry.

"I won't let you hurt her now...she is the only one I have now.." manik said in a soft yet angry voice. there was no obsessiveness in his voice. that made Nandini happy. he is not the same manik she once hated. she didn't hate manik now...but does that mean she loves manik?