Chapter 4: Wakanda

We finally got to Wakanda, and I can see Wanda's worries for Vision growing. We all get up out of our seats, and the door to the quinjet opens, revealing T'Challa and the Dora Milaje. I walked out next to Rhodey and Bruce, since Pietro was helping Wanda with Vision.

"Should we bow?" Bruce asks us, and I could see Rhodey's smirk on his face.

"Yeah, he's a king," Rhodey says.

"You don't want to be disrespectful," I added. Steve walks up to T'Challa and shakes his hand, and Bruce bows awkwardly.

"What are you doing?" Rhodey says, acting shocked.

"Come on, Green," I say, shaking my head.

"Uh, we don't do that here," T'Challa says. Bruce shoots us a look, and Rhodey and I fist bump, laughing lightly at what just happened. "So how big of an assault can we expect?"

"Think of the biggest army you have, and times it by a thousand," Bruce says, and I walk up next to Natasha wanting to be in the conversation.

"How are we looking?" Natasha asks.

"You will have my Kingsguard, the Border Tribe, the Dora Milaje and..." T'Challa says, and then approaches a similar man with a new metal arm.

"A semi-stable, 100 year old man," Bucky says, then hugs Steve and has a slight interaction with him. We all walk into the castle and meet up with a girl, a few years younger than me.

"Everyone, this is Shuri, my younger sister, and I believe she will be able to fix your problem," T'Challa says. I smile at the girl, and she smiles back. They Pietro and Wanda sat Vision down on the table, while Bruce and Shuri talked.

Shuri takes an object and scans Vision. "Whoa, the structure is polymorphic," Shuri says in amazement.

"Right, we had to attach each neuron non-sequentially," Bruce says.

"Why didn't you just reprogram the synapses to work collectively," Shuri says, and Vision looks up at Vision questioning him too.

"Because we didn't think of it," Bruce says, and looks back at me.

"I didn't make him," I say, turning around looking outside to Wakanda, still amazed at everything. Pietro comes and stands next to me, also looking out the window.

"How's your gut feeling doing?" Pietro says, slightly joking, slightly serious.

"Not good, somethings going to happen," I say.

"Something good, or something bad?" Pietro asks.

I hear Okoye from behind me say, "Something's entered the atmosphere."

"Whatever that is," I say, pointing towards something that is coming down towards Wakanda. Pietro picks me up, and speeds us towards outside where Rhodey, Sam and Bucky were.

The barrier around Wakanda protects us from the alien vessel and Bucky says, "God, I love this place."

Rhodey, who was now in his War Machine suit, says, "Yeah, don't start celebrating yet, guys. We got more incoming outside the dome." I look towards the outside of the dome, and see more alien spaceships crashing down on the land.

Steve, Natasha, and everyone else came back towards us, and we started heading to these floating ships to take us close to the barrier. "Where's Vision and Wanda?" Pietro asks Natasha.

"She's staying back with Vision, hopefully to get this process a lot quicker," Natasha says. "How are we looking, Bruce?" Suddenly a Hulk sized Iron Man suit runs in front of us.

"Yeah, I think I'm getting the hang of this," Bruce says through the comms. "Wow, it's like being the Hulk without actually-" Then Bruce trips on a rock, and I roll my eyes. "I'm okay."

"Yea, get up Green. Your first impression in Wakanda is not doing too well," I say, and Pietro chuckles. We eventually got to the barrier, but far enough where there was a bunch of land in front of us.

"I got two heat signatures breaking through the tree line," Rhodey says, flying up in the air.

"Ready to do this?" Natasha asks, and I nod. Steve, Natasha, T'Challa and I were ready to walk up to the barrier, when a hand pulled my arm back. Pietro pulls me into a kiss, and I smile into it, trying to savor it.

"Get a room," Bucky says, who was next to us, in a jokingly manner. We broke apart, and Pietro looks honestly worried.

"Don't get shot again, you understand me?" he says, and I chuckle. "I'm serious, I don't need you leaving me."

"Don't worry," I say, smiling to reassure him. I let go of his hand, and catch up with everyone. We got to the barrier, finding the female alien who I found named Proxmia, and another bigger dude, not the same guy that attacked Vision.

"Where's your other friend?" Natasha asks, and for one time she's being serious. My posture stiffens, knowing when Natasha is serious, the situation isn't going to end well unless I'm 110% focus.

"You will pay for his life with yours. Thanos will have that stone," Proxima says, obviously angered about it.

"That's not gonna happen," I say, defensively of Natasha.

"You are in Wakanda now. Thanos will have nothing but dust and blood," T'Challa says.

"We... have blood to spare," she says. She points her sword up into the sky, and their ships start to open, letting alien dogs come running out.

"Time for a war," Steve says, as we start walking back. I sigh, preparing my mind for this major fight we are about to have. I stand in between Pietro and Natasha, and watch as the massive amount of alien dogs try to bust through the barrier.

"What the hell?" Bucky says, looking at the amount of things there are.

"This should be fun," Pietro says, cracking his neck.

"Looks like we pissed her off," Natsha says.

"She's not the only one," I say, and grab my two swords that were on my back off. "Don't die alright," I say, looking at Pietro then Natasha and they both give me a smile.

The Kingsguard starts to shoot the aliens, along with anyone with guns. Sam flies over, using several redwing's at the aliens, and shooting them. "Alright, back up Sam. You're going to get your wings singed," Rhodey says, and sends bombs near the border.

Then we noticed the aliens starting to run around the barrier. "Cap, if these things circle the perimeter and get in behind us... there's nothing between them and Vision," Bruce says.

"Then we better keep 'em in front of us," Steve says.

"We open the barrier," T'Challa says, and the grip on my swords tighten. I pray for a second, not because I believe in God, but because for the first time in my life, I don't know if everyone is going to make it.

T'Challa makes his approach to the front of the group and crosses his arms, making his helmet go on and claws come out and screams, "WAKANDA FOREVER!"