Chapter 19.

Ollie.

What was the saying? Hate to see them go, but love to watch them leave? The thought gave me a small smile as I stared at Cass's beautiful ass walking ahead of me.

"Oof I see someone has a caught case of feelings." Evie snickered besides me. My face heated and I avoided her eyes. "Oh wow so it's that bad huh."

"I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about." I deny halfheartedly.

"Naturally, but if you do just know that I'm always here to give you some pointers." She said with a small smile.

"What would you know?"

"You're not the only one with feelings 1204." She turned away, her smile falling and a sad look appearing on her face.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\(~¬~)//////////////////////////////////////////

"If everyone could please head to the lobby, we will be descending on planet Red momentarily."

The message on my telegram read clearly. It was becoming more and more apparent to Cass, Evie, and I that the security was keeping a closer eye on things, especially on us three. They realized Nevaeh went missing as soon as the group had resumed the tour that day. It was obvious that they didn't want anyone to think something was up because they continued the tour of planet Blue as if nothing had happened. Since we couldn't talk face to face as often, the three of us sent each other messages using the old thread we used when meeting at the academy, which wasn't traceable. We updated each other once every other day so as to not attract too much attention to ourselves or our telecoms.

We had figured out so far that Nevaeh was still on planet Blue, which would only make it that much harder to get to her again. We had also put together that there was some form of resistance against the society on planet Blue as well, but its existence was hidden from the public altogether. Our guide was just informed of the news via air mail. The messages are usually damn near impossible to decrypt because it travels through specific frequencies modified for the receiver. Damn near impossible but not impossible, well not impossible for thiccums, which I had decided on as my new nickname for Cass. I had gotten the word from a very prohibited text I found in Nevaeh's room, when I had snuck in there right after she disappeared looking for any clues. She had kept a small hidden stash of all the illicit content she acquired. She liked to collect the forbidden books that the society considered the worst of the worst. Of course the texts were rare, but Nevaeh always found a way around that. Thiccums had helped with retrieving most of the texts. The ones the society hadn't burnt or hidden away were either uploaded or traded. Nevaeh's paper copies were traded using her mini 3d printer. The printers were hard to find because of how antiquated they were too. She had been gifted it when she was young, no one including her knew who had gifted it to her though. It had just been sitting on her bed at the academy one afternoon when coming back from class, is how she said she found it. Nowadays the 4d and 5d printers we use are a thousand times better but are strictly used for work. The society regulates them and it's not like you can get them without tracing software.

Bzzt.

The quiet vibration let me know I got a message on the secret thread.

Major News. 0300. Usual spot. I think I know how we can get Nevaeh back.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\(~¬~)//////////////////////////////////////////

Nevaeh.

It had been a whirlwind of a week. Besides trying to figure out where everything was around here, I was helping out Ley in the med field. Her job consisted of putting together salves for a lot of the other residents, handling minor or major injuries, and overseeing the other fellows that helped her as well. She didn't want to overwhelm me so she let me help by delivering some salves to the senior residents.

I hadn't seen Killian since Sunday, which means it's been almost a week. I tried to convince myself that it didn't matter but that didn't work so I decided to not think of him at all. Which didn't work either. After asking Ley how to use my new telecom, I had gotten the gist of it. Tech was something that came easy to me, considering I always bothered Cass about teaching me a few things on how to come by the occasional forbidden volume.

Killian had left his contact on the telecom, but I couldn't find a reason to message him. He, on the other hand, had found a million reasons to message me. Which was why it was so hard not to think of him. Annoying was a giant understatement for Killian, but lying on my bed unable to sleep was becoming very boring, so what was the harm in messing with him a bit in return?