IN Tune (c) by: primadonna_qurl

Chapter 1

"The last name I am going to call is...Meleah Scot. Congrats to all the applicants and winners. I am sure you did and excellent job."

The entire auditorium erupted in applause. No. Dumping. Way.

My principal, Dr.Lowe, had just finished calling the names of those who had been accepted into the Honors Show Choir Nationals! I had been chosen out of only three people from my school to compete. LIke I said before, No. Dumping. Way.

I turned to my best friends: Raleigh, Stacey, and Marina. They flashed me a few thumbs ups and blew me some kisses from their assigned seats. Dr Lowe continued:

"Those who made it may proceed to a meeting down front at the stage after devotional. The rest of you are dismissed."

Sure enough, all the students began to leave, and the noise level grew to a deafening roar.

I heard a few people grumble about the winners:

"Eww...Mel made it? No way,"

"Girl, you so had that in the bag,"

"I can't believe you didn't win"

"ugh, this is so fixed."

Even those harsh words couldn't dampen my mood. I felt like a salmon swimming upstream trying to get past all the people. I saw Marina pushing her way through the crowd to get to me.

"Oh Mel! Muy Bien!" My latino friend cried. She is petite and has long dark hair that goes down past her butt, and also olive colored skin.

"Aww thanks." I muttered into her shoulder as she hugged me tight.

"De nada!" she yelled as she scurried off to class.

I laughed at my best friend's thick accent.

I turned to see Raleigh waving at me, signaling that she couldn't make it to me but that she was sorry. I shurgged her off. No big deal.

I suddendly felt a pair of hands wrap around my eyes. We played this game everyday, it seemed. Stacey would wrap both her hands around my eyes and I would have to quess who it was.

"Stacey, of course!" I exclaimed.

"worng!" I turned around to see who it was, to find my perfect boyfriend of 6 months, Daniel Peck.He picked me up and spun me around.

"Congrats Baby!"

"Thanks, Danny!" I winked at him, "See you at lunch, I gotta get down there."

He nodded and then turned to envelope a sophmore into one of his signature bro hugs. I shook my hewad at him.

Seriously, though. Coiuld he get anymore perfect? I think not.

I finally made my way up onto the stage. I saw Chelsea Burch sitting on the stage in her cheerleading uniform, he legs dangling off the edge. She was that type of steriotypical Queen Bitch.

Sitting next to her was Sebastian Miller, we call him Bass, he is one of Danny and I's best friends.

"Hey Bass," I said cheerfeully as I hoisted myself onto the edge of the stage.

He nodded his head.

"Meleah,"

"How'd your game go last night?"

He turned to look at me. "You were there I saw you."

I fekt a warm blush creep onto my face.

"Yeah, well. It's a conversation starter, you know?" He chuckled.

"Yeah, I know. Congrats by the way."

"Oh you too! I knew you would make it. I mean, come on, you are by far the best bass that White House High has to offer,"

"No sugarcoating Mel," he said, trying to be humble.

"Bass, seriously." I chided playfully.

"Could you two stop flirting for five seconds? You do have a boyfriend you know," Chelsea muttered into my ear so Bass couldn't hear.

I turned to her, "Excuse me?"

"You heard me."

"Okay, go ahead. Get it out in the open. What did I ever do to you?"

"Everything," she said. And with that she turned away from me. I sighed. It sucked that out of the three students that got selected from my school, she just had to be one of them.

I turned back to Bass who was talking to our chorus director, Mr. Laeman. Of course he had missed our little exchange. Everyone but me and my friends though that Chelsea was just perfect.

A man suddendly cleared his throat.

"Lets get started, shall we?" We all three turned to see a man in his mid thirties.

"I am Tristin Stewart,"He introduced himself," Congrats to you, first of all, for making it to the Honors Show Choir Nationals. I am sure you are aware that we have alot to do. This is a summer program, so you will all three fly out out to MIama, Florida on May 27th. Yes, I know that is only 2 weeks away. Once you get to Miami you will be staying at a local college, a big one I might add. You will have one room mate whom you may or may not know. You will have practices, events, and all sorts of activities all summer. You will probably travel to several competitions, until the August 12th Nationals. You will fly back here on August 15th, okay? Great! There will be people from all over the united states competing, male and female groups, but no combined. Whoever wins the Nationals will travel to worlds. Whoever wins worlds will be doing several 'gigs' like being in the opening ceremony of the next olympics. This truly is a great bonding experience for everyone envolved, and I swear it is truly worth it. Your parents are already notified and you will go to a final meeting on the 19th. Glad to meet you all!"

With that Tristin Stewart turned around and walked out of the auditorium.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Authors Note: (PLEASE READ THIS):

Okay first of all I don't do stupid authors notes like some authors do OHMEHGERD. But yeah. Thanks so much for reading. Please let me know what you thought.

LIke pretty much every story, this one starts out slow but i promise the next chapter has a TON OF DRAMA!

...and it is also in BASS' POV!

Yeah its pretty big...

Lots of secrets to come.

Okay enough blubbering

do all that cool stuff you ppl do on wattpad.....like commenting and subscribing...and yeahh.

Bye my loves,

Jordan :)