36. Clearance

"Good morning Maa ji...Good morning Papa..." Nandini wished them normally once she came downstairs and they reciprocated with a smile.

"God damn it...What have I done...!! Why....Why Manik why....!!!" Manik sat on bed and held his head, scolding himself for his stupidity. "I need to fix this..." He thought and stood up to join them. He came down and sat beside Nandini silently while she didn't even react anything.

"Dad...Will you drop me at office please...!?" Nandini asked while wiping her hands to the napkin and before Raj could answer, Manik said "I am done...I will drop you..."

She just ignored like she has not heard him and asked again "Dad...Shall we go if you are done...??"

Raj just gave a glance at Nyonika and they both understood that they had something wrong, within a second. Nyonika signalled him with her eyes and Raj just smiled to Nandini and said "Ofcourse beta...Come..."

"But..." Manik tried to say something but they both left without hearing him. He just looked at Nyonika who gave a small smile and tapped his shoulder saying "Let me know if you need any help..."

He looked at her and she again said "I can understand that you have terribly screwed something up..."

"Yeah...True..." He mumbled and left without having breakfast.

At Nandini's office,

She reached her place and thankfully Raj didn't ask any questions. She reached her cubicle and was logging in her system while Rehan came from back and wished her "Good morning beautiful"

She rolled her eyes and turned towards him with a forced smile and wished him back.

"I was trying to call you..." He said and that's it. She couldn't control but took a deep breath and asked "Can I have a minute with you Mr.Rehan?"

"Sure...It will be my pleasure..." He replied with his usual flirtarious tone.

"Meeting room...??" She asked and he stood with a smile, forwarding his hand and said "After you Madam..."

She sighed and went to the adjacent meeting room, followed by him. All she wanted was least drama that can be created in second if she looses her cool at their cubicle.

"What is it Nandini...??" He asked unable to control his curiosity.

"Mr.Rehan...I just want to clear this out...I'm sorry but please do not call me once we are out of office, if it is not related to work...Not even good night or good morning..." She said straightly.

"Any problem with your husband...??" He asked and she gritted her teeth and said "That's none of your business..."

He was taken aback with her reply and she tried to compose herself and said "Mr.Rehan...All I wanted to say is...I will call you if I have any doubt regarding work...and you please don't call or text me out of office hours..."

"I didn't mean to disturb you...It was just a good night Nandini..." He tried to defend himself.

"Nandini Manik Malhotra it is...I am a married woman...Hope you understand what it means...Please...Don't make it out of my hands..." She said strictly and he just nodded.

"Thanks...and I am sorry if I was rude..." She said, just to maintain the rapport. He is the team lead after all.

"Um...No...that's...fine...In fact...I am sorry...if I troubled you..." He said in a low tone and she nodded with a tight lip smile and left to her place while he sat there some time to analyse the situation. Once he came back, she acted all normal, talking about her doubts in the presentation and about work.