15. SANGEETH

Everyone got ready for the next function which happens to be Sangeeth while Manik was all set to have an open discussion with Nandini.

Hall was decorated perfectly and the stage was all set with dim lights.

Soon everyone arrived and the function started having Cabir as the speaker.

"So ladies and gentlemen...As we all know we are here for the Sangeeth function of THE MANIK MALHOTRA and THE CUTE NANDINI MURTHY....and it should be something special...So the younger clan....we have a theme in the function and that is 'Dance with a mask'. Here we have masks..please help yourself and take your masks and and and...you have to dance with the girl or boy who has got the same mask....I hope you all got it.."Cabir announced.

The crowd cheered and everyone took masks from either sides of the hall – boys on one side and girls on one side. Cabir asked Navya to give a mask to Nandini and tell her that Manik will come with same mask. Cabir gave the similar mask to Manik and said "Ab chal...She is waiting.."

Manik gave a small smile and kept the mask seeing Nandini waiting for him amongst the people who were dancing with their mask partners. Lights were dim and there was soothing music playing in the back ground to which everyone were moving their steps accordingly.

Cabir after talking to Navya for a while, then had a look at the couple who were dancing in rhythm and smiled.

Nandini smiled seeing him so close and blushed when he pulled her towards him holding her waist. They moved their hips in swift and then matched their steps and when the music was about to end he twirled her. She came to halt to find him missing and soon everyone took off their masks and settled in their places. She then searched for Manik but he was nowhere found. She then asked Cabir "Bhai..where is Manik..??"

"Umm...Ab tak yahi tha na..." He said and started searching too.

Guests started having their dinner and there she found Manik sitting silently. She stepped towards him sensing something wrong but she couldn't understand what it exactly was. A few minutes back, he was all happy and dancing with her and next moment he was missing and abandoned himself.

"Manik.." She called slowly only to the greeted with his blood shot eyes which scared the hell out of her.

"Is..Is everything alright..??" She asked slowly.

"We need to talk.." He said gritting his teeth.

"Ha...Ha boliye..." She said in fear.

"In private" He said and started walking while she tried matching his steps. He ignited his car and accelerated indicating her sit and she sat beside him immediately. He straightly drove to Murthy's house and unlocked the door with his keys and straight away went to Nandini's room.

Nandini couldn't understand what happened to him and she locked the door behind her, took water for him and opened the room door.

"M..Manik.." She called and forwarded the bottle. He gave a small smiled which relaxed Nandini a bit. He drank some water and sighed and she was waiting for him to talk.

After few minutes he stood up and she jerked a little back.

"Relax.." He said and took her left hand slowly and pecked her knuckles to which she shivered.

He slowly removed bangles from her left hand and stared at her Mehendi. He then kissed her palm and asked "So...did u enjoy it..??"

She, amidst her blush, looked at him with slight confusion. The next second, her hand was twisted back and he pulled her towards him with full force while she winced in fear and pain.