Chapter 11

Chapter 11

The silence was broken by Sirius letting out a spluttered, "What?"

Hermione pinched the bridge of her nose and let out a long sigh.

"I feel like this could have been done a better way," Theo said looking from the blank faces of the Black sisters to the bulging eyes of Frank Longbottom who was still wondering why he was being invited into the circle of oddballs.

Lily finally managed to take a deep breath to clear her screaming thoughts before breathing out and trying to think. "I'm- I'm not sure what you mean, can you say that again?"

Ginny went to speak when Luna laid a soft hand on her shoulder. "We are not from this time. I was born in 1981. We didn't lie though, we fought in a war it just wasn't this one or it was this one just twenty years in the future."

"Twenty years in the future?" Severus spoke for the first time in a while, blinking owlishly at them. "How is that possible?"

Luna shrugged and gave a sad smile. "Anything is possible when you don't care if you live or die anymore."

"That's why you know us then? You probably met us all at one point in our future." Lily said, her mind screaming at her that these girls, her new friends, had risked their lives going back in time because they felt they had had no other option.

The time travelers all flinched at the question which had the more observant of the group narrowing their eyes. "Some of you, we knew some of you."

"I think," Remus cleared his throat, his voice sounded strained as he tried to keep control of the emotions swirling through him. "I think we need to know more, we need more information."

The time travelers nodded their heads slowly, Theo conjured chairs for them and they sat heavily down.

Hermione took a deep breath. "I suppose it starts when I first entered the wizarding world in 1991." The others in the group looked shocked again and Hermione plowed on ahead before they could interrupt her.

"Theo and I were in the same year in Hogwarts, me in Gryffindor and him in Slytherin," the Slytherins looked at the boy in shock, he was more cultured than the other three girls that's for sure but there was a fire in his eyes that they had seen only in the eyes of the strongest Gryffindors, it was a look they saw in the eyes of the women who stood in front of them now.

"All these years around Gryffindor, what can I say." Theo shrugged and Hermione rolled her eyes.

"I am a muggle-born, I grew up in the muggle world with my muggle parents and when I entered this world it felt like finally, I fit in somewhere, finally things were going to be different because these people were like me. I wasn't alone." Hermione's eyes lost their spark as she sighed.

"But it wasn't like that, even in the future they hated people like me." Lily looked downtrodden at the thought of everything being the same, even twenty years in the future. "All throughout my years at Hogwarts I spent all of my time trying to prove that just because I was a muggle-born didn't mean that I wasn't just as good as them, just as powerful, just as smart." The purebloods in the room looked down, ashamed at the thought that they lived in a society that spent the majority of its time stomping on Muggle-born and half-bloods.

"In my first year, Voldemort made his first return since his destruction-"

"-return? You said return. Where was he before that?" Regulus questioned. The group nodded, Voldemort was gaining momentum outside of the walls, they imagined if the war was still going in twenty years then he hadn't been destroyed surely?