Chapter 3

"Hello," The three girls heads snapped up at the sound of the boy's voice while lily just rolled her eyes. "What are you doing here Black?" The girls nearly cried in joy at seeing the marauders back although they did have to keep a firm hold on Hermione as she made to get up and attack him. "He's not evil yet. Maybe we can help him." Luna whispered placing a calming hand on Hermione's back.

"Well Evans, I just thought it'd be very rude if us handsome guys didn't come and introduced ourselves to the new girls don't you think? Especially seen as Remus is a prefect too." Sirius had an innocent look but everyone could see the hint of mischievousness shining in his mercurial eyes. "I'm sorry Lily-flower. They forced me." Lily went red when James mentioned that name. "For Merlins sake I told you not to call me that name Potter!"

"Honestly Lily just ignore him, you should know better now than to react to his ignorance." Remus answered sitting down across from Ginny giving her a tentative smile. "Moony! How could you, you wound me." James mocked clutching his chest dramatically while the girls giggled.

"I'm Remus Lupin, this is James Potter-" James gave an extravagant bow. "Lovely to meet you girls."

"This is Sirius Black-" Sirius grinned cheekily at the girls picking up their hands and placing a tender kiss on them. "Lovely to meet your acquaintance, I'm not worthy to even stand near three such beautiful ladies like yourselves." He sent a wink for good measure and was surprised when they only raised an eyebrow.

"Settle down Pad, and finally this is Peter Pettigrew." He waved stupidly at them. "It's lovely to meet you all. These are my sisters, Ginny Weasley an-" "wait Weasley? You aren't by chance related to Arthur Weasley, he left school a while ago."

"Very distantly." Ginny answered with a strained smile. "Luna Lovegood," she smiled dreamily at them and shook their hands. "And my names Hermione Granger."

"Granger? That's not a Wizarding name are you a muggleborn?" Lily asked smiling excitedly at Hermione. "Yes I am, a very proud one too." Hermione answered acting defensive, Lily was quick to amend. "Oh no! You have it all wrong, I'm a muggleborn too!" "Oh, that's cool." Hermione smiled genuinely at the mother of her best friend.

"So how is it then you're sisters if you have different last names, and different.. Heritages." James asked hesitantly. "We blood adopted each other." Ginny answered, and as one the three girls put up their hands to show their magical adoption scars in the shape of a P. "What's with the P?" Peter asked.

"Back home we were known as the Purge sisters." Luna answered. "Why is that?" Lily asked seemingly interested. "Oh we could exterminate rodents and pest quite well." Hermione's grin turned feral as she turned to look at peter who shivered at the look of pure malice in the girls eyes.

Remus swooped in seeing his friend getting frightened. "So where are you from? What school did you got to before?"

"We come from a small unknown country where they find and take in muggleborns at young ages and train them as wizards, learning wizard etiquette, spells the like. Our country has been at war for most of our lives and only recently did we have to leave as there were very few people remaining." "That would explain the scars then." Lily muttered under her breath. "Very observant." Hermione smiled as Lily looked up embarrassedly.

"We fought many wars," started Luna. "We lost everyone we cared for and lost quite a lot for our lives aswell, for example I was bitten when I was fifteen by Fernir Greyback when he attacked our school with his pack of wolves. Ginny lost sight in one eye to an unknown fighter when he threw a throwing knife that slit through her eye. Hermione was put under the Cruciatus curse for hours and very nearly lost her mind." A lone tear rolled out of Luna's eye as she told the story. "It's all been rather difficult for us." Ginny placed a comforting hand on Luna's shoulder.

"We know Remus," Remus looked up when Luna said it. "We know you're a werewolf." Remus' eyes grew wide. "H-how?" He asked his scared Amber eyes narrowed. "I can tell the scent of a wolf, I have potions that can help. It's called wolfsbane it lets you keep your mind during transformations it also makes the change easier."

"There's no such potion, I would know. My old best friend is the best potioneer and I know a lot about potions and have never heard of that one." It wasn't lost on the girls that Lily referred to Severus as her old best friend but they continued on as of it never occurred to them. "It's a potion, I brew it myself. It works and it always has, but if Remus would rather go through the pain because he doesn't believe me then so be it."

"Moony stop being stupid and accept the woman's kind gesture will you!" Sirius snapped smacking his friend upside the head. "I'm very sorry Luna for my friends idiocy, he'd be very happy to take the potion granted you'd be happy enough to share with him." James said smiling at the new girl as Remus glared at him, the glare wasn't half as scary as he kept shooting hopeful glances at Luna. "I wouldn't have offered otherwise." Luna replied rolling her eyes.

"That's very kind of you Luna, thank you so much." Luna waved him off. "No need for the thank you, I know exactly what kind of pain you're going through after all." She smiled at him. He was about to reply as Dumbledore stood to say his closing words. "And now that we are all watered and fed I think it's time we went to bed and rested our heads for the new school year where our brains will be filled with new knowledge! Off you trot!" The girls giggled. "Same old Dumbledore." They muttered under their breath as they got up and followed their newly found friends to the common room.