Chapter 6

After their family meeting it was clear that there was a better relationship between all the Black cousins, this could be seen all throughout the school as they caught sight of the Black cousins hanging around together some nights under a tree or sometimes they even sat with each other at meal times. This was a rarity at that time and no one was happier about it than the three time travellers as well as the Headmaster who was glad to see both house unity between the most rivalrous houses in the school and the reuniting of the Black family.

The other marauders had invited them in with open arms and even apologised to the Black family for any pranks they had pulled against them. Narcissa had quickly become friends with Lily, being in her year and the more studious of the three sisters had drawn the blonde and the red head together. After the first night the girls tended to stick to themselves away from Lily and the others though they had forgiven them they couldn't forgive themselves for revealing so much to them. That wasn't to say they didn't speak to them, they just didn't speak much to them.

The girls were just down the stairs and into the common room when they were surrounded by all four marauders and Lily. "We need to talk." James said, his face deadly serious as he stared at the three girls. The sisters looked to each other before nodding reluctantly.

"Sure. Why don't we go for a walk?" The group nodded before all eight of them made their way slowly out of the door. They were silent all the way down till they were out the front doors and sitting on the steps as a light September breeze danced around them. "What's up?" Luna asked, her eyes drifting to a lone leaf fluttering away in the wind.

Sirius cleared his throat rubbing at the back of his neck awkwardly. "I never apologised. It was none of my business to ask about your pasts we don't even know you that well, hell we don't even know your full names!" Sirius said the last part more to himself, before slowly meeting the eyes of all three girls lingering around Hermione. "The truth is we don't know you that well so we had no right to bring up the worst memories of your life. We are all deeply sorry for any pain we caused you even if it was unintentionally, and we'd like to get to know you better if you'd let us."

The three girls looked between each other before smiling towards the group that looked on in worry. "We forgive you, we were more mad about telling you all those things. How rude of us to burden you with those problems."

"Burden ?" Lily asked aghast, speaking for the first time in what felt like hours. "They were a wake up call if anything. We all knew this war was coming but we were all happy to pretend we would all be safe and fine in here, but seeing you three girls who are our age and yet were affected by the war gave us so much to think about and come to terms with but in no way was it a burden to us, but to you I'm sure you feel like you're carrying the world on your shoulders."

The three girls chuckled ruefully at that. "You have no idea." Ginny muttered bitterly. James focused in on the brunette, who looked a lot like his fathers sister Gracelyn Potter but with much more hair, and watched her coffee coloured eyes roam over the green fields of Hogwarts and its lake and as James watched her eyes move slowly across the landscape he would later swear that in that moment he could see the landscape covered in fire and destruction reflected in her eyes.

He turned away quickly before speaking loudly again. "My full name is James Fleamont Potter." Everyone turned towards James confusion painting its way across everyone's face. "What the fu-"

"Language Sirius there are ladies present." The sweet tone of Bellatrix Blacks voice cut across the profanity that Sirius had been about to utter. "What are you doing here?" Sirius asked his boyish grin lighting up his face at the sight of his no longer estranged family members.

"We never actually got to thank these three for what they did. They brought us back together when the gap between us seemed insurmountable these girls came a long and gave us a place to reconcile and we will be eternally grateful to them." Andromeda stated smiling towards the girls. Hermione looked at the young woman and couldn't help but compare her to the woman she had met in her fifth year, while Andromeda had managed to escape her family the years of being one of the infamous Black cousins had worn her. Her similarities to her sister Bellatrix had given her a lot of hassle especially in the war times where she was killed by Rodolphus LeStrange as Bellatrix watched on. Another moment that had broken Bella's insanity, for just a moment she held her dying sister and Bellatrix LeStrange cried over her body before being ordered to burn it which was when the mark brought back her insanity and she burned the body of her younger sister.