Chapter Thirty-three

Start from the beginning

Haze begins to bang on the bathroom door, complaining about how she needs to use the bathroom. I open the door and walk past her with a smirk on my face. She should've got up when I told her too.

I rush down the stairs and turn on a few lights so I don't wake up Sill and Henry. Sill would be pissed if she had to wake up this early. In the kitchen, I fix some apple and cinnamon oatmeal for me and Haze. A few minutes pass and Haze comes down the stairs as she tries to take her suit case with her.

I chuckle and set down my breakfast to help her out. I latch onto her bag and help her with the rest of the stairs.

"Thanks," She breathes out as she moves a piece of her short, black hair out of her eyes. "I thought my arm was going to come out."

I roll my eyes and ready my spoon for some oatmeal. "That wouldn't happen if you didn't pack all that crap." I tell her.

Haze scoffs and picks up her own bowl of oatmeal. I watch her as she takes a bite to see if she approves. She smiles wide after swallowing. Haze and I finish off our breakfast with a bottle of water in record time. Knowing Ashton and Carter, they'll probably be here any moment.

I climb up the stairs to get my suit case from my room and change out of my pajamas. I pick out yellow shorts and a white tee-shirt with flip flops. Not wanting to experience Haze's so called 'pain', I lay my suit case down at the top of the stairs before giving it a shove. Covering my mouth to keep myself from bursting out laughing, I run down the stairs to grab my suit case. It made a lot of noise. Hopefully Sill and Henry won't wake up.

Setting my suit case upright, I begin to drag it to the front door. Haze is leaning against the door frame of the opened front door. Carter and Haze are talking, but automatically stop when I come beside them. I look between the two of them in confusion. Okay, then.

"I'm guessing Haze's bag is already in the trunk?" I ask out loud, not waiting for either of them to answer.

"Yeah, Ashton is making room." Carter says.

I nod my head and walk down the porch steps and mini walkway as I drag my suitcase behind me. A bright smile crosses my face when Ashton pokes his head out from the side of his Jeep with a smile on his face.

"Good morning, beautiful." He says.

Ashton walks over to me and pecks my lips. I wrap my arms around his neck to hug him.

"Morning," I say after kissing him. "Ready for a close fifteen hour drive?" I ask playfully.

I let go of Ashton to and take a step back. Gripping my suit case, I take a few steps to the trunk.

"Ready as I'll ever be."

I laugh under my breath and hoist my suit case up. Arms come from behind me to assist, and the case is placed right on top of Haze's.

"Did I tell you that you look beautiful?" Ashton whispers.

Laughing at out loud with my cheeks tinted scarlet, I elbow Ashton in the stomach. He groans and mumbles curse words, but when I look at him I instantly know he's joking.

"Kenzie, why can't you take a compliment more than once?"

"Stop trying to get brownie points, Lotest. It's not going to work."

Ashton still smiles at me with his two dimples. Butterflies flutter in my stomach. I slam the trunk closed. We should be arriving in Florida late at night. We'll pick rooms, unpack as much as possible, and then decide what to do next. Hopefully we'll be able to visit the beach or go somewhere to eat.