𝑻𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏

Start from the beginning

"Enlighten me."

"I was an ass. I said that already."

"Yet you're not telling me your reasons."

"Because I don't have a reason!"

"You don't have a reason?" - I laughed. - "You can't just be a dick to my date without a reason!"

"I don't know what happened to me, Louis."

"Alright." - I shrugged. - "Call me again when you do know." - I said, standing up from the stool with the intention of leaving.

"Wait." - He stopped me by my wrist.

"Yes?"

"I just don't like him."

"Give me one good reason not to like him."

"He's Freddie's teacher."

"Oh right. Well, neither Harry, me nor Freddie care about that. It shouldn't be your problem."

"It really could cause you trouble. I'm just looking out for you."

"Again, not a reason to be a dick."

"Fine! I don't like to know you're dating someone, okay?!"

"What?" - I frowned.

"I have just got out of a relationship! We should be both single, enjoying life!"

"This was all because your breakup?"

"You should have been there for me! Instead, you're now too busy with Harry to even care!"

"Niall, are you listening to yourself?" - I laughed. - "I've been single since I got my divorce. Three years without dating. Anyone! Now I finally found someone who is interested in me and that... That is making me question everything I ever knew. And you, my best friend, just decided to try and ruin that because you're a selfish prick!"

"You knew what I was going through. I'm still hurt, and you..."

"Me what? Took away your spotlight?" - I laughed bitterly. - "I deserve to have someone in my life too."

"I didn't say that!"

"No, but you showed me how little you care about me with your attitude at the diner with Harry. Even when I told you I liked him. I get that you're heartbroken, but it wasn't a reason to sabotage my date. Also, I've been there for you. You can't tell me I didn't."

"I told you I'm sorry."

"Yeah, well. It won't be enough this time." - I shrugged, now turning around and heading to the exit.

"Louis!"

"I gave you a chance to explain yourself and apologize. You don't need to call me anymore, you've said enough." - I said, now leaving for good.

And that's how I found myself with nowhere to go.
No best friend, no hotel and no home.

I was screwed.

🌈

I couldn't believe what I was about to do.

I even felt embarrassed of myself for knocking on that door, practically ready to beg for a bed for the night.

Embarrassed of not being able to think about any other options first.
Angry at myself for having checked out of the hotel that late at night.
Ashamed of coming back to this house like a lost puppy.
Defeated and still crazy mad about my argument with Niall.

It all made a huge emotional tornado inside my head that was stopping me from thinking clearly.

Because I couldn't be thinking clearly if I was knocking on her door.