Chapter 2

Time passed by in a blur yet it was so vivid in Jimin's mind. His world, for the first time revolved around him.

He was the center of this train that drives him further and closer towards what he hopes to achieve and what he strives to become. He was walking towards his dreams holding the conviction that this was for himself, not for anyone else's.

He found out that being selfless was great but being self-loved was a bliss. A euphoric feeling of knowing one's value.

That there is beauty even in the shadows. Pain, anxiety, fear, and a plethora of these negative emotions are also a part of what makes a person human. That one can only see true light when one acknowledges the darkness.

It was an awakening. Like the blinds have been lifted. He knew he was miserable yet hid it with a smiling mask in the darkness, but it was time to wake up now and shed that mask.

And although he could see how bruised and battered he was in the light, he would proudly wear that and show the world how strong he was.

This was his rebirth. His celebration.

______________________________________

His blood was pumping loudly in his veins he could almost hear it reverberate in the chaotic back stage.

It was thumping fast against his chest. Butterflies buzz in his stomach. It was both in excitement and anticipation but as well as nervousness.

It was not the first performance he would awe the crowd with, but it was his first major award show. The largest platform he was blessed to perform on. Not only his fans, but majority of other people in the arena and at the other side of their tv screen would be seeing his new performance for the first time. It maybe a ticket to criticize or critique the newbie or it can be the gateway that leads him to success.

He took a deep intake of breath and look at his friends beside him. He was the opening act. Performing his first ever choreography for 'Serendipity' then he would feature in his hyungs new song 'Black Swan'.

It was the collaboration of five artist and the breakthrough of their same struggles and realizations.

With him is Namjoon, the intellectual and poetic lyricist, who has guided him through highs and lows. Who has enlighten him and a constant reminder of his aspirations.

Then there is Yoongi. Despite his cold exterior his heart was made of gold. He may not shed a tear or share a hug of comfort. But you can rely on him at your lowest point. Because he was there, he can empathize cause he had been through some rough and hard times. His advice was both full of wisdom, practicality but most of all it was genuine in it's straight forwardness. It might hurt but it will also help you heal.

Then came Hoseok. The opposite of Yoongi. Where the other is the mind the other was the heart. This couple has been a large comfort for him in his trying times. Hoseok was a ray of light, that always remind him how to smile. How he could still be energetic despite his hard work. He enjoyed dancing with him. And just goof around like with an older brother.

But who really taught him joy was no other than the eldest, Seok Jin. He taught him that there can be happiness found even in the smallest things. He found out that everything he missed is never lost, that it is not too late to find that pleasures again. When his other hyungs taught him how to work hard for his dreams Jin taught him how to still play and find his hobbies while doing so.

He was content on finding himself with his own power but he was happier knowing that he was not walking there alone.

He smiled and took a huddle with his friends. Encouraging each other and reassuring everyone that they will do a fine job on that stage.

______________________________________

He was a newbie, but he was buzzing with great reviews. So when the said male took up that stage, he only confirmed what the talks was all about.

He was not there to be validated but he was there to tell them a story.

From the exceptional stage design, to his elegant appearance coupled with his sweet voice and fluid dancing, he mesmerized the audience and took them to his dream-like wonderland.

It was soft and pure, it was exquisite, and it was serendipitous like the man who glided on that stage.

Until it wasn't.

It took a dark turn Infront of the very eyes of it's spectators. That graceful swan was swallowed by the shadow and smoke. As the dark eerie strings kick in and the softness died out, then came the quiet whispers and ripples began. The once luminous set transformed into a dark river shrouded in storms.

The dramatic change riveted the attention of the viewers. Holding them captive, sweeping them away in the turbulent emotions. When the deep voices echoed and the shadow dance began there was no choice but to be in awe.

The fluid motion of the man's movement and the gripping emotions it portrayed. The sense of loss and struggle that ebbs and flow, resounding in the whole arena. Then came the strong steps and resolute hand gestures that echoes the determined lyrics that despite these storms they will never be swept away.

The strings intensify as the group neared it climax. Harder, faster, as if they were struggling with their inner darkness, until they broke through, uniting with both dark and light. Until the intensity diminish  and gave way to the calm tune with the black swan left dancing alone.

Calm yet resolute.

Cracked yet not broken.

Blemished but still beautiful.

Even after the last note ceased the audience was still holding its breath.

Then the tension was shattered by the roaring applause of the crowd, similarly viewers at home. It was like a movie unfolding before everyone's eyes. Raw and enrapturing. One that would simply be known as one of the best performance of the night and one that will always be legendary.

______________________________________

Through this performance another shattered heart would see enlightenment.

______________________________________

Chapter not Edited