The Twins ~ Infinity pt 2

*y/n POV.*

After Fred awkwardly stumbled out of the green house, I stayed stowed away for several more hours, not emerging until the bell tolled in the early evening, signaling dinner was about to be served.

I stood up and stretched a little, rubbing my eyes. I felt relaxed, like I could take a nap and fall asleep effortlessly. I half considered going back to my dorm and curling up in my warm blankets instead of going to dinner. I stood in the green house contemplating it for about twenty minutes before deciding that in the time I had been there thinking about it, I could have already grabbed something from the dining hall and then been on my way back to my room.

I sighed, rolling my eyes at myself before walking out of the green house. When I walked into the corridor, I felt the rush of cool, winter air wash over me. I stood there for a second, enjoying the winter's breeze. It wasn't until I heard someone clear their throat that I noticed I wasn't alone.

I turned and looked down at the floor near the entrance of the green house and saw George Weasley sitting with his back against the wall. He sighed and looked up at me.

"I didn't think you were ever going to come out of there," he said with a light laugh.

"I had no idea how long I had been in there," I shrugged. George stood up and walked closer to me. 

"Listen, I wanted to apologize," he said in a serious tone.

"George-"

"No, listen to me. I need to say this," he sighed. I stayed quiet and as he continued. "I'm sorry I told Fred everything you had told me. I just... I wanted to see you happy and I thought if he knew how you felt, it would give him incentive to finally tell you how he felt... I think I was trying to make up for the fact that I had some type of feelings for you too..." he said the last part quietly and I looked up to meet his eyes.

"You...what?"

"Before we met, Fred told me about this girl he had seen sneaking into the green houses after classes and how she was the most beautiful girl he had ever seen. I teased him about it for a while before he told me the same girl was in many of our classes, including potions." I watched as George spoke, running a hand through his hair. "Then, when we met you for real that day and I started getting to know you, I realized how incredible you are, but Fred was still head over heels for you. I went practically insane watching him claim to be in love with you, but then play around with other girls. The issue with Angelina was the last straw. Seeing you hurt like that..." he trailed off and stared into my eyes. He reached for my hand and gave it a squeeze. "I'm so sorry I ended up hurting you more."

I stood there, unsure of what to say. How do you respond to something like this? Your best friend telling you he has feelings for you, just after his twin brother, who happens to be your crush, tries to kiss you. Its a rather complicated situation.

George's eyes roamed my face, searching for any clue of what I was thinking or how I was thinking.

"Y/N?" he asked.

"George... I'm not quite sure what you want me to say..." I said.

"Tell me how you feel," he replied. He readjusted our hands, intertwining our fingers. I felt butterflies surge through my body at the sensation. My cheeks grew hot and I looked away.

"I... I wish I knew how I felt..." I said. "I'm honestly confused and I'm not sure I where to even begin to decipher this situation. I've never even been in this type of situation and its-" I was cut off by a pair of lips crashing onto mine. My eyes widened at the sudden gesture, but it wasn't long before I melted under George's touch and closed my eyes. He let go of my hand and wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me closer to him. I brought my hands up and locked them behind his neck, feeling as though we fit together perfectly. The kiss ended, but my mind was still cloudy. I tried to register what had just happened but, I couldn't fully seem to grasp the situation.