George ~ My True Desire

*Y/N's POV*

"And here comes Y/L/N, zooming past Potter, Gryffindor's seeker, in pursuit of the golden snitch. If she catches it, this will be Hufflepuff's third consecutive win this season!"

I held tight to my broom, making sure I didn't loose sight of the the snitch. I glanced behind me, just long enough to see Potter tailing me. I caught the snitch in my eye and quickly tried to think of a way for me to lose Potter. I knew he was faster than me, so it was only a matter of time before he passed me.

I glanced at him again, noticing this time he was looking around instead of training his eye on the snitch. That could only mean one thing: he hasn't seen it yet. Suddenly, I stop, hovering in place, causing Potter of to swerve and zoom past me, continue to on the same past I had been in. I smirked a little bit, before watching the snitch change course and zip away in a new direction. I waited for Potter to direct his attention else where before taking off towards the Snitch. He didn't even notice me until it was too late.

"Y/N Y/L/N has caught the golden snitch! Hufflepuff wins!" I listened as the stands erupted into cheers. I flew over to where my house was and held the snitch up for them all to see. My team rallied behind me and we all celebrated our win.

After things died down, I finished changing and packing my things up in the locker room. "Hey, good game, y/l/n," one of my teammates said as she walked out. 

"Thanks, you too!" I cheered. I freshened up and made my way out alone. When I rounded the corner I came face to face with Oliver Wood.

"You!" he pointed, getting close to me. "How the bloody hell do you do it?!" 

"Do what exactly?" I asked, perplexed. I knew Wood was big about quidditch. He was obsessive, to say the least and he hated losing.

"Do you cheat? You must cheat! Hufflepuff was never good. Then you show up and suddenly their good enough to beat Gryffindor?" 

"Wood, calm down-" I attempted to soothe.

"DON'T TELL ME TO CALM DOWN-" he began to shout and get more in my face. I flinched a little bit and backed up until I hit a wall.

"Oi, Wood!" A voice called from behind him. He turned to look at whoever it was approaching us. "Maybe you should hit the showers, yeah?"

"Go away, Weasley," Wood spat.

"No, can't you see you're scaring her?" I could now see it was one of the Weasley twins, George, I think. I couldn't be sure, I didn't know them very well, being part of different circles and all. 

"I'm just trying to talk strategy," Wood defended. 

"Then maybe go cool off and try again later, mate," the red head reasoned. Wood sighed, still visibly angry, before giving me a glare and stalking off towards the Gryffindor locker room. The Weasley boy watched after him until he disappeared from sight before turning to look at me. I was still pressed against the wall, breathing deeply.

"Hey, are you alright?" he asked. His voice was kind and soothing. 

"I-I think so?" I managed to reply. He walked closer to me.

"Sorry about him. He get's a bit heated whenever we lose. Trust me, the team gets the worst of it." The tall boy chuckled a bit to himself. "I'm George, by the way, George Weasley," he smiled, extending his hand. I stepped forward and accepted the gesture. "You're y/n, right? A fantastic Seeker you are!" he praised.

"Thank you! Always nice to meet a fan," I teased.

"Oh, well, in that case, maybe you could sign my arm or something someday," he laughed. I gave him a look before laughing too. "You have a beautiful smile, by the way," he stated.