You're Here - Kakyoin x Reader

Start from the beginning

"Good morning," you echoed.

He placed the tray of food on your bedside table. It looked bland and unappetizing, but your stomach growled and your mouth watered at the sight. Clearly you hadn't eaten in a while.

"How long have I been asleep?" You asked the doctor.

"Only a day, which is a bit surprising considering the state you were in when you arrived," he replied.

"And my friends?" You asked the question as though it were obvious, though the doctor had no clue what you could have meant.

"I'll be sure to contact the people that brought you here," was all the doctor could think to say.

He checked your vitals and ran a few other tests before leaving you alone. You ate your breakfast in silence before Jotaro and Mr Joestar arrived.

"(Y/N)! Thank goodness you're alright," Joseph said, wrapping his arms around you in a loose hug to avoid hurting you.

"Y-Yeah, I'm okay... But what about Kakyoin?" You asked.

You could hear Joseph's breath falter and noticed Jotaro's subtle eye twitch when you mentioned your red headed comrade.

"Kakyoin..." Jotaro began, but couldn't quite finish.

"He's... alive. But he's in critical condition," Joseph explained.

You gasped. He was alive! It didn't matter that he was just barely hanging on. He was still here!

"Is he in this hospital?" You asked.

"Yes. But they aren't allowing any visitors yet. He's recovering from surgery," Jotaro said simply.

"Surgery..." you repeated the word in almost disbelief.

You still didn't know all the details of what had happened, and you were too afraid to ask. Jotaro and Joseph informed you that Polnareff was alive and well, still recovering in the hospital room next to yours. You were able to visit him later in the day, the two of you grateful to see each other again after the horrors you had endured.

"Did you ever tell him?" Polnareff asked.

Of course you had shared your secret crush with Polnareff. Behind Kakyoin, he was your closest friend. Though, to be completely honest, he had found out about the crush on his own even before you told him. You weren't exactly subtle. Good thing Kakyoin seemed to be oblivious to your shameless flirting.

But was it really a good thing?

"I didn't," you admitted with a sigh.

"That's a shame."

You frowned and looked down at the floor. It truly was a shame.

Sensing your uneasiness, Polnareff reassured, "I'm sure he'll pull through. He's a strong kid!"

"I know he is," you replied with a nod.

You and Polnareff were discharged from the hospital a day later, all of your serious wounds patched up. Your arm would still be in a sling for a little while, but you were otherwise healthy as ever.

When it was announced that Kakyoin could receive visitors, you immediately jumped at the chance. He was in a coma, still recovering from the intensive surgery that had been performed. You teared up as you took a seat beside his bed.

"Oh, Kakyoin," you whispered.

There were bandages all around his abdomen, most of them tinted red. He had tubes and wires coming out of his body, connected to machines that made annoying beeping noises. You wished for silence, though you feared what that silence would mean.