Pocky Game - Jolyne x Reader

Warnings: None

~~~~~~

On an ordinary Saturday afternoon, Hermès made a proposition.

"Let's play a game!" She suggested, waving a box of Pocky back and forth.

"Oh, yes! I've always wanted to try this!" Jolyne replied, plopping down beside her friend.

You took your place in the circle as well, squeezing in between Foo Fighters and Anasui.

You watched as Hermès opened the box of Pocky, easily plucking out one of the chocolate-coated sticks. She placed it between her lips and turned her head towards Jolyne.

You watched as Jolyne leaned in, taking the other end of the Pocky in her mouth. Your stomach twisted as their lips inched nearer and nearer before they finally touched in the middle. That moment only lasted briefly before Jolyne broke the stick, but it was long enough to make your heart hurt.

You had harbored your secret crush on Jolyne for several months now, but you weren't brave enough to make a move. You tried your best to suppress your feelings as you watched Jolyne from afar, but to no avail.

Everything she did was just perfect, in your eyes. She was spunky, witty, hilarious, and an amazing friend. You couldn't even count the amount of times she'd helped you out when you needed her. She was the last thing you thought about before you went to sleep, and the first thing you thought about when you woke up.

You watched as it became Jolyne's turn. Her delicate fingers plucked a stick from the box and her perfect lips held it in place.

You were beyond angry that you hadn't gotten to sit next to Jolyne, because all you wanted to do was put your lips on hers. Unfortunately, Anasui had simply been quicker to the punch.

You watched the smirk that spread across Anasui's lips as he leaned in. He took the stick in his mouth, eagerly inching forward. Before his lips could touch Jolyne's, though, she snapped the stick in two.

"Guess I lost," she said with a shrug.

Anasui grumbled while everyone else laughed. With an eye roll, he begrudgingly grabbed the next stick and put it in his mouth.

He turned your way and you internally cringed. The last thing you wanted to do was kiss Anasui. Still, there was a small piece of your mind that told you this could make Jolyne jealous.

With a reignited fire, you leaned in and wrapped your lips around the stick. You inched closer and closer to Anasui's lips, bracing for impact.

Then, he snapped it.

You sat there stunned with the larger portion of the broken Pocky in your mouth. Anasui quickly gobbled up his piece, chuckling lightly.

"Sorry," he apologized, though he wasn't really.

You just shrugged, knowing you at least had another opportunity to make Jolyne jealous with your next turn. You turned to Foo Fighters who was sitting excitedly and expectantly.

"How does this work?" She asked, still not having caught on yet.

"We both eat the Pocky from the ends and whoever breaks it or backs off first loses," you explained.

She nodded in understanding as you grabbed the next piece. You held it between your teeth and watched as Foo Fighters leaned forward towards the other end.

The two of you steadily inched closer, her lips just inches away. You felt your heart beat speed up with nervousness. You glanced over at Jolyne, scanning her face for any signs of jealousy. But it didn't seem to be working. Her face seemed indifferent, her expression unchanged.

With a small sigh, you snapped the Pocky in two and pulled back.

"Sorry, Foo," you apologized.

Foo Fighters didn't seem to care, happily clapping and exclaiming, "Yay! I won!"

The rest of the circle laughed at her giddy and overjoyed response. You looked over at Jolyne, admiring her smile and her laugh.

Foo Fighters went her turn with Weather Report, Weather Report then going with Hermès. After going around the circle once, you all decided to end the game and simply talk instead.

The rest of the afternoon passed quickly, your group soon dispersing when Jolyne announced her father would be home soon. You wished you could blame coincidence for the fact that you were the last to leave, but that was completely intentional on your part.

On your way out, you waved goodbye to Jolyne, who happily waved back. As you were grabbing the door handle, she spoke up.

"Oh, there's still some left," you heard her say.

You turned around and raised an eyebrow. "What?"

"Oh, just some extra Pocky."

You bit your lip and hesitated for a moment before speaking up. "Should we play?"

Jolyne felt her breath catch in her throat. She wasn't expecting that, but she wasn't going to turn the offer down, either.

"Sure," she replied cheerfully.

She plucked out a stick of Pocky and skipped over. She placed it in her mouth and offered you a closed-lipped smile.

You smiled back at her, but didn't take the Pocky in your mouth. Instead, you grabbed the stick with your fingers and pulled it out of her mouth.

As she was about to ask you what was up, you silenced her by putting your lips on hers.

Jolyne's eyes widened as your lips meshed together. She was stunned, completely frozen in place and unsure of how to react. She had to admit, she quite liked the feeling.

You pulled away almost as quickly as you had rushed in. Jolyne drew in a sharp breath after you disconnected, trying to regain composure. You simply smiled at her and turned to leave.

"Wait a minute," she said, grabbing you by your shoulder.

You turned back around to look at her just in time to watch her bend down. Her arms wrapped around your waist and she effortlessly lifted you off of the ground. You doubled over her shoulder, completely astounded by her strength.

"You didn't think you'd get away with that so easily, did you?" She teased.

With that, she trudged off towards her bedroom, ready to teach you a lesson you wouldn't soon forget.

~~~~~~

THEY CONFIRMED STONE OCEAN OMG OMG OMG! I heard the news as soon as I woke up and just knew I had to write a Jolyne one-shot to celebrate!

Forgive the fact that this one is rather short. I wrote it in less than a day. I hope you still enjoy it, though!

Lemme know what y'all think! Peace!