What'll It Be? - Polnareff x Reader

Warnings: none

~~~~~~

You tied your apron around your waist as you prepared yourself for your shift at the local cafe. You tied your hair back and out of your face before pinning your name tag to your shirt.

"(Y/N). There's a table waiting for you," the hostess told you as she walked into the back room of the restaurant.

"Thanks. I'll be over there in a minute," you said as you reached for your notepad and pen. You straightened your skirt and adjusted your hair one final time before stepping out into the restaurant.

Your eyes scanned the restaurant, finally landing on the table in your section occupied by five men. You noticed the tail of a dog peaking out from underneath the tablecloth and wagging furiously. You smiled to yourself, knowing dogs weren't allowed in the restaurant, but you decided not to say anything.

"Hello, gentleman. My name is (Y/N) and I'll be your server this evening. Can I get you started with something to drink?" You asked as you approached the table. All five sets of eyes landed on you and you examined the group. All of the men seemed to be extremely buff, even including an older gentleman wearing a tan hat. Your eyes met the blue ones of the silver-haired gentleman at the table who was eyeing you eagerly.

"Are you on the menu?" The man asked.

You rolled your eyes at him. "I've never heard that one before," you replied sarcastically.

"Good grief, Polnareff," you heard the man in the hat say.

"Ah, it's all in good fun, mi amor," the man called Polnareff said, putting emphasis on his last words as he brought out his French accent. His harmless flirting made you giggle slightly and you watched his face light up in a smile, delighted that he had gotten you to laugh.

"We'll have five colas," the older gentleman said, holding up a gloved hand to emphasize the number.

"Got it. I'll be right back with those," you said, not bothering to write anything on the notepad. You stuffed it in the pocket of your apron and turned on your heel, heading back to the kitchen.

As you walked away you heard the French man say, "Boy, am I glad you picked this restaurant, Mr. Joestar!"

You chuckled to yourself when you got back to the kitchen. What a flirt that man was. You had to admit he was definitely handsome, but he was too outrageously cheesy for your tastes. Well, maybe not too cheesy. You grabbed the colas and placed them on a tray before walking back out to the table.

"Here you are. Five colas," you said as you placed the tray on the table. You then placed a cola in front of each man before pulling out your notepad and pen.
"Are you ready to order?" You asked them.

"Yes, I'll take the Caesar salad, please," said the young redhead. You noticed the older gentleman's eye twitch slightly as he said that but thought nothing of it. You scribbled the orders down from each person at the table before it was finally Polnareff's turn to order.

"What would you recommend, belle?" Polnareff asked flirtatiously. You felt your cheeks heat up slightly at his teasing before you regained composure and gave him a recommendation.

"Sounds delicious! And if you like it, I'm sure I will, too!" Polnareff said, resting his head on his hand and leaning over the table slightly towards you. You smiled at him and he winked at you, causing you to become flustered. You looked down at your notepad and scribbled down his order before clearing your throat and straightening up.

"I'll be back with your food in a moment," you said and walked back to the kitchen to give the orders to the chef.

As the chef cooked their meals, you tended to other tables in the restaurant, every so often catching Polnareff staring at you out of the corner of your eye. Sometimes you would look at him too, hoping to catch him off guard so he would get flustered and look away. However, Polnareff seemed incredibly self-assured and would only ever wink in response when your eyes met. You would then blush and turn away. Crap, he was the one getting you flustered after all.