Living under a rock

"So, this is Seoul..." the feeling of relief the moment I got out of the train overcomes me.

The beauty of seeing the city of Seoul at night was breathtaking, well, at least for me.

I took a deep breath as I realized that my plans were beginning to become a reality. There's no going back now.

Okay, since I got here at night, I should go to a hotel first. Luckily, a small hotel was just outside the station. Finally, I was able to rest my head after what happened today.

----
"No grandpa, I won't have it anymore! You've taken over my life since mom died..." I stopped as I started to think about what he would think. "Grandpa, you have given me this life, and I thank you for it but... to make me marry someone for your sake is completely unthinkable!" I was holding up my tears as I see him do the same.

"This is for your own good Seon-mi. You will have to do it sooner or later." He won't budge at all.

"I won't grandpa. I will never do it. I want to live a normal life. I want to study-"

"Music?" he just cut me off. "Like your mom? What happened to her, huh?" He was now glaring at me. I can feel my body stiffening as I battle with myself to continue. I was just waiting...

My peripheral vision saw what I was waiting for. Finally!

"Grandpa, I'll do it wether you like it or not. I'll live my life the way I want to now. If I stumble, that will be on me because this is my life and I want to set myself free." After that line, I quickly ran downstairs to find my bestfriend Yoon-soo's car waiting for me.

"Seon-mi, you know I'm dead after this right?" she said as she drove past by our gate.

"Thank you Yoon-soo. You literally saved me."

"I know! You're so lucky you have me! Anyway, the train ticket is in the phone on that bag. Make sure you have that phone all the time or else, I'll be the one to hunt you when you get to Seoul." I can sense her anxiety since it will be the first time that I'll be going somewhere alone.

"You know what to do once I board the train right? I really feel bad about leaving grandpa... and I only have that letter to convince him."

"Of course. Just please, keep your promise to be safe." She glanced at me and then I realized this was really happening.

I let out a deep breath, "I promise."

-------
I woke up and looked around the unfamiliar place. It is cramped here but I can breathe better.

"Okay! Today, I just have to go to the university to enroll." I encouraged myself as I sit up.

I looked at the bag next to me. I need to text Yoon-soo.

Seon-mi: Yoon-soo, I'll be enrolling today.

I'm not really good at texting to be honest. Like, I don't really have any friends to text besides Yoon-soo. Ughhh... the thought of it really makes me feel like an old person- wait- old people have friends.

I finally stood up as my clock said 6:00AM. "Time to get ready!"

I chose simple clothes to wear since I have a coat to cover myself up. I put on light make-up as Yoon-soo told me that I don't need much.

------
"Thank you for waiting. These are the documents that you will be needing starting the spring semester. Would that be all?" She asks as she handed to me a couple of paper.

"Is there a space in your dormitories?" I almost forgot to ask. She told me to wait as she looks at the computer in front of her. In a few minutes she looked at me with a worrisome face.

"I am so sorry. It seems that the dormitories are full and we still have a waiting list ahead of you. But if you want, we can call you once it is available."

"Is that so?" I feel like my head was about to explode. This is not part of the plan.

"But there are dormitories outside the campus. You can try there." The suggestion was welcomed.

------
"Okay it says here that a dormitory is around here somewhere..." I was looking intently at my phone looking for the direction of the dormitory.

"Is thi----" What?! My bag! I looked at the direction of the person who took my bag and automatically my body ran towards him.

"Help! Thief!" I screamed as I ran after him. People would just look. What's wrong with these people?! I'm running out of breath.

I slowed down as an idea went to my head.

I removed my shoe and threw it to the direction of the thief.

I watch in horror as my shoe flew towards the thief only to land on a man's head who just got out of a shop.

"Taehyung!"

------- Author's note -------
Thank you for reading!

This is my first story so please forgive me if I have mistakes.