and jeno just did that.

they went biking until they reached back to the place where they rented their bikes and then went straight home. their short biking trip was supposed to be for the two of them to become more friendly to each other, but things went quite the other way around and jeno blamed himself for it.

he's just not used to be friendly and social and he's trying his best, but maybe he's not doing good enough. now he felt really bad for rejecting jaemin's trust.

▼△▼△▼△▼△

three days of school passed and jaemin didn't do anything but ignore the lone jeno. he's still mad but actually, he's just waiting for an apology.

jeno noticed that the 'new student' has been getting a lot of attention now especially from clingy girls. while he was observing those girls, a random idea slipped into his mind.

jaemin always smiled when girls come near him for chit chats and jeno desperately wanted to be the cause of that smile again. so.... if he was clingy then will jaemin smile too?

yeah it's a stupid solution but it's worth a try. the thing is, he doesn't know if he's even ready to act like a crazy fan girl.

it's now thursday and what made this day a bit surprising is that chenle and jisung were very distant from each other. and it felt like a coincidence since jisung and jaemin has been stuck with each other while jeno and chenle were just there on the corner watching them silently from afar.

maybe destiny accidentally tangled some certain red strings while writing a sequel story of an iced person coming back to life then searched for the love of his life who was now dead since several years have passed.

they're currently having lunch and they weren't being their usual selves except for the confused mark and hyuck. jisung was sitting on his chair with jaemin beside him; chenle looked like their third wheel who was also sitting on jaemin's right; mark and hyuck sat across the two unusual couple with jeno beside them.

and the whole atmosphere was awkward af.

"jisungie, do you want more?"

"yes, please."

jeno watched as chenle silently mocked the two before stuffing his mouth with loads of peanuts. jeno also chose to ignore jisung and jaemin by eating peanuts with his fellow heartbroken.

markhyuck were enjoying the show, thinking that there was nothing more interesting and horrifying than this drama that they were witnessing. hyuck pulled out a bag of popcorn out of nowhere while mark's eyes rotated from left to right.

(Where ya'll SVT stans at?
(∩ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)⊃━☆゚)

"man, this is better than titanic."

hyuck mumbled while watching jaemin and jisung being careless of everyone around them. mark glanced at the two from the other side who seemed to be so down to earth with their hands warily picking up some peanuts.

"no, better than romeo and juliet."

the couple bursted out laughing, receiving deadly glares from both chenle and jeno. the younger finally had enough so he stood up from his seat and said, "i'll be going now." before running away.

jeno felt bad so he went to where chenle had got to. he ended up seeing the young adult whimpering under a tree near the garden. he walked closer and gave chenle a comforting hug full of sympathy.

"it's okay, chenle. just let it all out." he rubbed circles on the younger's back before chenle hugged him back and began crying out loud.

"h—hyung... jisung and i had a fight.... and he even said he doesn't want to come to my birthday party tomorrow...."

jeno pursed his lips and hugged the little 20 year old tighter, "did he really mean that?"

"yeah... now he's even hooking up with your boyfriend... what a jerk!" the older sighed before letting go of the tight embrace and wiped away chenle's warm tears. it pained him to see his usual cheerful friend become this sad and burdened. he knew just how he felt.

"it's alright, chenle. how about me, hyuck and mark hyung come to your birthday extra early tomorrow?"

chenle sneezed before harshly letting go of jeno's hand, "forget it. i'm not celebrating my birthday tomorrow. if jisung asks where i am, just tell him that i don't want to see his ugly face!"

he snapped before running away towards the gates. well, he just skipped classes again and to he honest, jeno has never seen chenle this furious before. what kind of fight did they actually have that made them doubt if they were truly lovers?

minutes passed and jeno went back to the school building. he was just about to get inside his classroom when jisung suddenly tugged his shirt.

"hyung! where's chenle?"

jeno was relieved that jaemin wasn't with him so he was a bit more relaxed. he then turned to the younger with a sad frown on his face, "i'm sorry jisung, but he doesn't want to see you right now. hope you'd understand."

jeno then stepped away but was pulled once again, "no, you don't understand."

"he said you had a fight, it's normal for him to be alone for some time so can you just give him some space? plus, you even said you didn't want to come to his birthday party so now he's not celebrating his own birthday tomorrow because of y—"

"that's because i wanted to surprise him! i told him that i didn't want to go because i want to surprise him on his birthday... but i didn't know things turn out like this...."

jisung let go of jeno, his body becoming limpy after blaming himself for his mistake. "i even asked jaemin hyung some advice on how to get chenle's attention again and some party ideas too..."

jeno watched as the younger pathetically sat on the floor with his back leaning against the wall.

"i just wanted to..."

"he loves you, jisung. and i'm honestly touched when you said you wanted to surprise him, but you should've chose a much smoother excuse."

the tall baby watched as jeno sat next to him with a sweet smile planted on his face, "but don't worry. i'll help you make it up to him."

jisung turned to jeno and smiled, "thank you, hyung."