thirteen;

"j—jeno!!!"

jeno laughed at seeing jaemin struggling over his rented bike. he just wanted to teach his new friend here how to ride a bicycle since jaemin confessed he didn't know how in the first place.

and maybe this could be a way for them to be closer. so, they rented a bike until sunset and they would learn about each other during their short trip throughout the city. sounds exciting, right?

"it's okay, just step on the pedals and i'll be right here holding the seat from behind." he used his soft voice to chill the tall boy a bit and it unexpectedly worked.

"you'll be right behind, right? you won't let go?" jaemin asked worriedly while gripping hard on the pair of handles on the handlebars.

jeno smiled, amazed of finding out a new side of the mysterious new student. "i won't. just pedal and you'll regain balance faster if you're really in the mood. breathe the fresh green air and visualize yourself like you're soaring in the sky carelessly. simple."

"i'd rather fall with you than fly alone." the older almost choked at jaemin's sudden act of flirting. he rolled his eyes and walked to the other side, facing the younger with his arms on his shoulders.

jeno stared deeply into jaemin's eyes, reassuring him that everything's going to be okay through looks from their telepathic pupils.

"just trust yourself, i already taught you the basics and it's enough even for you. i'll make sure you'll be balanced once i hold onto your bicycle seat."

jaemin absorbed every word that came out from the older's mouth but at the same time, he was distracted by his melting stare. jeno's eyes were like two deep pits that you could fall endlessly just by looking at them. he gulped before finally realizing that jeno was now on the back to hold his seat.

he gulped again but this time, it was because of the road that was waiting ahead of him. he breathed deeply before putting on a nervous facial expression, "alright, i'm ready! for jeno!!!"

he shouted aloud before pedalling, once he felt the air passing by, he never felt so alive. his legs and arms were working together to help him feel like he was flying high in the sky. and all of a sudden, the nervousness soon faded away.

he was like a lost but free bird.

as soon as jeno felt jaemin's bicycle balanced, he let go of the seat and watched him going into the further distance. he smiled then ran to his bike and easily catched up with the oblivious blonde.

"jeno! i think i'm doing great! YOOHOOOOO!!!"

jaemin was cheerful at first but when he suddenly heard jeno chuckle from beside him, he panicked. "what are you doing?! w—wait! who's holding my bike from the back?! did you let go?!"

"relax. look, you're doing good. now, just stay like that and follow me." before jaemin could protest, jeno was already ahead of him. he felt his blood boil just by thinking that jeno was lying to him the whole time.

he trusted him for not letting go yet here they are, biking on their own. he furrowed his eyebrows in frustration and began pedalling faster until they were now side to side.

"wow, you're fast."

"i hate you!" jeno blinked before scoffing playfully, "what's your problem?"

"you told me you won't let go~! i am angry for trusting you!"

"jaemin, you're being childish—"

"hmph!" as moments passed, jaemin was now faster and energized than jeno thanks to his grudge. yes, he is doing good but trusting someone means a lot, you know? and he's not used to someone not keeping their meaningful trust.