Chapter 9

"I hate the idea of you dying... so don't die in front of me, Empress."

My brows furrowed with confusion. "W-why are you being like this to me?" And was also deeply perplexed by his words.

"Why do you always come and save me?"

Eero laughed softly. "Why? is there a reason not to save you?"

"Well... all the people left me and knew that I was abandoned." I replied reluctantly.

But he just smiled to reassure me.

"But I'm not the people, though."

Nagkatinginan kaming dalawa at mas lalong ngumiti pa siya.

Pero agad ding nabura ang ngiti sa labi niya nang tamaan siya ng palaso sa balikat niya at bago pa man ako makapagsalita ay agad niyang pinatakbo ang kabayo niya papaalis.

Napatingin ako sa palaso sa balikat niya at agad na napakagat sa labi ko.

"What are you doing?" seryoso pa nitong tanong sa akin nang bumitaw ako sa pagkakahawak sa kanya.

"Stop the horse." utos ko pa.

"Are you suicidal? You're just getting us killed."

"I said stop the horse!" agad niya namang inihinto ito.

Bumaba ako sa kabayo niya kaya bumaba rin siya.

"T-they only need me so go ahead... you can head to the palace without me."

Eero scowled. "What?"

"Kaya kong mag-isa, hindi kita kailangan."

"What are you—" I deliberately cut him off.

"This is my personal matter and I will solve this by myself. I don't want you to get involved."

"Empress, this is not—" pinutol ko ulit ang sasabihin niya at iritado siyang tinignan.

"I live my life solely ever since I was a child and I hate those who treated me weak just because I am a woman."

"So don't you dare look down—" this time he cut me off.

"Forgive me but I never saw you that way."

I was stunned and I was lost of words dahil sa sinabi niya. Matagal bago ako nakabawi saka ako nagsalita ulit.

"I-I want to be alone so just go!" ayokong may madamay ulit dahil sa akin. Tama na 'yong naranasan ko noon, I don't want to feel that pain of losing someone again.

"But you're not alone..." napaaangat ako ng tingin at agad na nagtama ang mata naming dalawa.

"You have me."

"You always have me in all ways... always." dagdag pa niya.

Saka siya lumapit sa akin at inilahad ang kamay niya.

"So shall we?"

Eero looked at me serenely while waiting for me to take his hand.

And I was about to take it nang palibutan kami ng mga nakaitim na mask, ibang iba sa mga bandido kanina. Ang kanilang mga sandata ang gawa sa ginto at pilak which means that someone is aligning with this rebellion.

Hindi pa man ako nakakareact nang bigla nalang akong buhatin ni Eero pasakay sa kabayo niya pero nagtataka naman akong napatingin sa kanya na nakatayo lang sa kinatatayuan niya.

"No matter what happened..." he whispered before looking at me in the eyes.

"Don't look back."

I didn't have the chance to say a word nang patakbuhin niya na ang kabayo niya pero nagpaiwan siya.

At nang makalayo na ay saka ko lang narinig ang sigawan at tunog ng mga espada nila.

I want to runaway just like how I always does. To survive, all I do is run. Running as fast as I can without looking back. That's what I do best.

But today, I just found myself running towards Eero's direction bare feet.

Pero nang makarating ako ay tahimik na ito. The silence is making me deaf and I could hear the ringing in my ears.

I was about to call Eero's name but I halted when I saw the dozens of corpse lying on the ground that made my whole body unable to move.

The sight terrifies me and would probably hunt me in my dreams, pero hindi pa man ako nakakarecover nang napatingin ako sa nag-iisang pigura na nakatayo.

His broad shoulders are evident as his raven hair wavered in the wind.

Under the serene and eerie sky was a ground drenched with tears and blood.

But amidst the choas he was there, standing.

Mercilessly destroying who stands against his way.

. . .

Eero or Volkan?
HericaGlam