Yamaguchi x Reader: The Note (💔)

⚠️TW⚠️
AGAIN, SO SORRY IN ADVANCE

You're Yamaguchi's nearest and dearest friend. You've been best friends since you were children. This oneshot takes place in a world where Tsukishima didn't exist...and you'll understand why.

     'YAMAGUCHI!!!' you saw your best friend walk out of the gym. He just finished his volleyball practice and he was getting ready to go home. He looked a bit down. He's always looking down after finishing practice, I wonder why. Then, Yamaguchi caught your eye and he wiped his frown off his face and plastered a smile on.

     'Y/N! How are you? Wait, were you waiting for me again? I hope you weren't, you should get home and relax. You shouldn't wait for me-'

     You shut him up with a tight hug. He was sweaty from practice, yet he smelled like clean laundry. Yamaguchi froze in his place before wrapping one arm around you. You could tell that he was nervous when you hugged him, he always was, even though you've practically known each other for your entire lives.

     'Yamaguchi...be quiet. Of course I'd wait for you, I always will. Do you want to hit the cafe before we walk home?' you asked. He looked down at you and smiled. His expression then changed to his thinking face.

     'I don't think I have anything, so why not.' Yamaguchi smiled. Your face flushed with excitement as you took his arm and ran out of the school.

*5 minutes later*

     'Is this the place?' Yamaguchi asked, pointing at the light blue establishment. You squinted into the direction he was pointing.

     'Yup, let's go!' the both of you walked through the door. The cafe's interior was a pastel, mint blue color, and so were the chairs, tables, decorations, everything. The windows were tinted blue, and the waitresses were wearing blue uniforms.

     'So much blue...' Yamaguchi gazed at the interior of the cafe. A waitress wearing a pastel maid outfit walked up to you.

     'Table for two?' she asked you. You nodded and then she asked you guys to follow her. You followed her and she sat the both of you in a booth.

    'My name is Ayla and I will be taking care of you guys. Here are your menus.' she placed the menus on the table and without hesitation, the both of you took one each and started flipping through the pages. She turned around and left, her golden locks flowing as she walked away.

     You turned to the sandwiches section. I think I'll have a crispy chicken wrap. Hmm, that sounds good. You looked up at Yamaguchi, who's head was sitting on hand. He looked uninterested and bummed, or even depressed.

     'Yams...you good?' your voice caused Yamaguchi to jolt up in surprise.

     'Yeah, yeah, I'm good! Just a bit tired from practice.' Yamaguchi smiled at you, but his smile looked mildly off. You looked at him displeased.

     'Yamaguchi, if there's anything you need to talk about, please tell me. I hate seeing you like this. You were like this since volleyball started. What's wrong?'

     Yamaguchi's 'smile' didn't wipe away. He kept looking at you 'happily'.

     'Y/n, quit worrying about me please. I don't like it because you should be worrying about yourself. I promise I'm okay.' Yamaguchi gave a small chuckle and continued to flip through the menu. You weren't buying it, but you didn't want to bother him any longer.