6

- the next day, a.k.a moving day

you woke up to the sound of your Mom softly waking you up and the blinding lights of your room. 

"y/n? y/n wake up, it's 6 a.m. and if you don't wake up now we're gonna be late for our flight."

your eyes fluttered open. "huh..?"

"it's moving day! go shower and change. there's some chicken sandwiches downstairs for breakfast. hurry, we only have about an hour left."

"oh, okay Mum"

after you finished getting ready, you went downstairs to eat breakfast and saw your Dad in the kitchen.

"hey Dad"

"hey kid! excited for New York?"

your Dad grabbed you a chicken sandwich and handed it to you.

you hesitated, and finally answered, "uh.. kinda."

suddenly, a question popped up in your head. "hey Dad? can i see Charlie and Austin before we go?"

"i don't think so, since we'll be leaving for the airport in about 30 minutes."

you sighed, and started eating your sandwich.

i just hope they remember me when i'm gone.

- few minutes later

your Mum was checking some important papers, your Dad was calling the cab, and you were daydreaming about life in NYC.

what house am i gonna live in? i hope it's a big one, with a big backyard. maybe Mummy and Daddy will let us get a puppy! i've always wanted one.

"... alright, thanks." your Dad ended the call. "the cab should be here soon. you got our visas?"

"yep," your Mum then put all the files in her bag.

i hope Charlie visits me before i leave.

not long after, a car honk was heard from outside.

"that's the cab. y/n, could you please open the door?"

you stopped daydreaming. "huh? oh yeah, okay"

you opened the door and saw the cab parked in front of your front yard.

your parents then started carrying luggage into the cab, while you stood in front of your door and waited for Charlton and Austin to come over to say your last goodbyes. you were losing hope and felt your eyes sting.

a few minutes have passed. still nothing. 

then you heard someone call your name. "y/n!!!"

you saw your best friend running towards you.

"CHARLIE!!"

you ran to him as fast as you could. he opened his arms and hugged you so tightly like he'd never hugged you before.

after he let you go, you said, "i thought you didn't like hugs?"

he smiled and said, "i like hugs from certain people only, like you."

"thanks, Charlie. you really know how to make me feel happy."

you saw your Mum approaching the both of you. "oh hey Charlton! where's Auz and your Mum?" your Mum asked.

Charlton responded, ''they'll be here soon, i think."

"ah.. okay. i'll let you guys say your goodbyes while me and y/n's Dad carry the rest of the luggage."

then your Mum left the two of you alone. and for a moment, everything was silent.

"y/n? i wanna tell you something, but you have to keep it a secret."

"what?"

"i really like you, y/n," he then grabbed your hand and held it in his. "i really do..."

"i like you too, Charlie. very much."

what you didn't know is that he meant it as more than just best friends. and deep down, he knew that. he was disappointed; but he decided that he'd tell you again one day, when you both are grown up.

little did you both know, your parents were overhearing your conversation.

---

not long after that, Austin and Mrs. Howard came to say their goodbyes as well.

your Dad took his iPhone out of his pocket and said, "say, why don't we take a picture together?"

"alright!"

"hey Doug (the cab driver), could you help take the pictures?"

"sure thing"

"okay, everyone ready?"

Charlton held his arm around your neck.

 "and 1, 2, 3... perfect!"

the cab driver handed your Dad his phone back.

"alright, we only have around 15 more minutes. we gotta go now."

"bye-bye, y/n! i'll miss you!" said Austin.

"i'll be sure to miss you too, then"

you hugged Austin and his Mum.

"stay safe out there in New York, we'll miss you" you heard Charlton's Mum tell your parents.

your Mum replied, "we'll surely miss you and the boys, Sloane. i hope they don't miss y/n that much," and laughed.

Charlton whispered in your ear, "that's true, by the way. and Austin has been crying the past 2 days and i can't handle it anymore, ugh."

you giggled. "aww, that's cute."

seeing you giggle, he smiled a bit, then his smile slowly faded.

"i'm gonna miss you so much, y/n. and don't worry i'll never forget you, i promise."

you cheered him up. "don't be sad, Charlie! i won't forget you either."

he held out his pinky. "promise?"

you held out your pinky. "i promise."

you both intertwined your pinky fingers, and gave each other sad smiles.

then you hopped in the cab.

"goodbye Laroi, Austin, Mrs. Howard! i hope we meet again soon!"

"bye, have a safe flight!"

and with that, you and your family drove off to the airport.

you looked back and saw Charlton, wiping a tear off of his face.

(word count: 949)

------

hello! this chapter is so cute and sad i love it aaahh!! :") i was supposed to upload this yesterday but i was rlly tired lol sorry, oh also there aren't any swear words here yet bc i decided to just use them on the next chapter heheh. alri then, see you on another update!

edit: WOW THIS STORY GOT 1K READS??? Y'ALL ARE AMAZING! THANKYOU SO SO MUCH! <3

edit 2 : sorry with so many editing, i noticed there was a few typos and i just wanted to fix them hahah

- anya xo