The Storage Crate

"Oh my god, James could you go any slower?" I said as I put my curly brown hair into a bun for the fifth time out of pure boredom.

"Sorry Maci, I'm just tired, can you yell at me to stop going to bed at two?" Said one of my best friends, James. He is tall, the tallest in our friend group, he has dirty blonde hair and has hazel eyes.

"When do I not yell at you for that now come one Debra has called seven times and counting." As I finished my sentence the phone began to buzz. "Oh be quiet," I said as I exasperatedly slammed the phone into the housing of the dial phone on James' side table.

"Done!" He exclaimed triumphantly.

"Good job but it really shouldn't take that long to put on a pair of socks and brush out your hair, but it doesn't matter, race you to the driveway!" and with that I took off for the door, James screaming about how it wasn't fair through laughter.

I screeched to a halt beside my bike, gasping for air. He was right beside me in a matter of seconds also panting like a dog. After a few seconds, we both hopped on our bikes and took off for the candy factory.

"Finally you guys are here," said Mill. "I am starting to feel sick so let's go get candy before I hurl." Mill, most commonly known as 'ill Mill' is short, shortest of our friends, and he has short brown hair and thick black glasses that are seemingly indestructible. Mill is nicknamed 'ill Mill' because he is always going home when doesn't feel well. He was standing in between Debra and Sara who are the two of the tallest girls I know, it made Mill look awfully small. Debra, who is the second tallest out of all my friends, was wearing her hair in a bun and long flowy pants so it made her look even taller, and Sara who isn't the tallest, but is definitely up there, she has dirty blonde hair which is always down. Sara is probably the most organized person I know. Everything has its place in her world.

Lyla, Julie and Moe were in behind them, making deals amongst themselves.

"If I buy you, sour patch kids you have to buy me a licorice AND a soda because the sour patch kids are two dollars and fifty cents," Lyla screamed at Julie.

Lyla is of average height, with long blonde hair and piercing blue eyes. She can be very aggressive and she loves to "torcher" her older brother when she has friends over.

"That's not really fair but I guess I'll do that because I love sour patch kids, wait let me see how much money I have." Julie agreed.

Julie is just a little taller than Mill, with short brown hair that falls just past her shoulders. She

wears round glasses and is practically a makeup artist. She is always blowing her money on expensive makeup products.

"Yeah I can do that with you," Julie said, separating her coins into neat little piles on her hands. "Moe want to negotiate?" Lyla said rubbing her hand on her chin.

Moe thought for a moment and sifted through his wallet.

"Nah I'm alright for now, but if you give me five bucks I'll give something?" Moe said, staring at the five in Lyla's hand.

Moe is Julie's best friend. He is a little taller than Lyla with short brown hair and hazel-green eyes. He is a real hockey guy, and sometimes we all get tickets to his game and watch him play.

"No way! I need this as a bribe for James, he knows what I want." Lyla said looking James up and down.

"I already told you," James rolled his eyes. "you are not dressing me up as ariel for five dollars!"

"Sorry, I'm late guys! Let's go in, how much did you guys bring?"

Lastly, there was April. She has brown hair, cut down to her just above her shoulders. She looks innocent, but once you get to know her she will threaten to stomp your kneecaps backwards. No joke, she attacked James the other day.