18 - Happiness and Friendships

Start from the beginning

"I don't know guys... You  know more than one mate isn't very common nowadays. Maybe I don't even have a mate." Asp said in a heavy melancholy tone. 

"Hey! Don't  worry, you never know maybe your mate will show up tomorrow. Always believe and have hope okay?" That's what my parents always told me. Papa had always said the believe part and Dad always said the hope part. Goddess I missed them so much.

"Thanks Kai. I'll keep that in mind, always.." He said.

"Okay how about we get out of here and go eat some lunch mh?" Max said. We all agreed and we started walking out since this part we were in wasn't so deep that you needed to swim.

"OW!" I screamed. Max and Aspen came or at least tried to run towards me.

"what happened?!" Max said.

"..i- I dont i- I stepped on something.."

"Okay float. I'll lift your foot up and see what it was." Aspen said.

"I- is it bad?" I asked.

"No I can heal it. Max could you go underwater and see what cut his foot please?" Aspen asked Max. Max then dived underwater to find the mysterious object. By now Aspen was glowing gold and healing my foot.

Once he healed it, it was was good as new, "Did it take too much energy out of you?" I asked, "Not at all." He responded then Max came up from the water.

"Guys! Look!" Max said. I looked at the object in his hand, a necklace..?

"A necklace? It doesn't look like it would harm someone." Aspen said.

"Wait..guys..."  I took the necklace from Max's hand, "this...this isn't any other necklace...it's an angels.." They both gasped. Now this was some weird shit. This is often uncalled for... an Angel from above losing their necklace?

"I've always heard that Angel's sent from heaven had necklaces but...but I never thought it was true.." Aspen said.

"..but how?" I brought it closer to my face, "how would an Angel's necklace get here..especially if this place is hidden..?" I asked.

"M- maybe they found this place..? But that wouldn't make any sense.."

"Yea..no one could find this place. Asher and I have kept it hidden for years now.." Well that adds more to our mystery then...how could an Angel's necklace end up here? In a place so well hidden too?

"..maybe it was here from a long time ago..?" Max voiced.

"You guys know my Fathers and everything. Papa told me all about this. Basically if an Angel is sent from heaven to here on earth—meaning they were born a full angel—-then they have a necklace, the Angel's necklace. If the necklace gets broken or something bad happens to it, the angel dies. If an angel had died the Angel's Goddess would've claimed this place..so most likely..it didn't happen too long ago."

"Woah, wait- so...then you think it happened recently..?" Aspen asked.

"Most likely. Like I said, the Angel's Goddess would've claimed this place already. The only other option is that the angel lost it's necklace.."

"Wait..hold up..so there's an Angel out here on Earth..without their necklace?!" Max said.

"Mostly likely but what doesn't add up is how they found this place..its so hidden.." I voiced.

"I agree..well why don't we keep the necklace? If we come across this angel we can give it to them." Aspen suggested.

"The idea is good guys..but..its not so easy to do. You see, the necklace is like their life support here on Earth. If they lose it, they'll look human, no one will know. With the necklace, they can control when they want to be human and angel, but without it..they don't have an option..the only option is human." I told them.

"..okay..well that idea is down the drain.." Max said.

"Wait- but how would they get their necklace lost if it's that important?" Aspen asked.

"It is important, that's the point. This necklace is given by the Angel Goddess herself, if they got their necklace 'lost' it's most likely been taken from them. That'll only make them weaker especially when on Earth.." I explained.

"So basically there's a helpless Angel from heaven on Earth who is at the mercy of really anyone because their necklace is gone?" Max said.

"Yea..that sums it up..what makes it worse is if the angel that's from heaven is a hybrid, their other hybrid within them will lose all their powers. So the Angel is basically powerless against any creature..even human.."

"Wait, now I feel bad for this Angel. We could tell my brother." Aspen said.

"No! Don't tell Ash yet please..." I begged Asp, he looked hesitantly at me, "Fine..but if this gets more serious we have to let him know.."

"Yes totally." I said.

"Guys, this is a lot to process, could we go eat lunch...?" Max asked.

"Okay guys c'mon." Aspen said.

With that we swam out. I put the necklace in my pocket since I was gonna hold onto it for a while till I found out what happened.

- 30 minutes later -

[Kai]

When we got to the pack house we hadn't realized we spent the whole day out there, Asher, Silas and Benji were in kitchen.

"What're you guys doing..?" Max spoke up making Silas turn around and I couldn't hold in my laughter.

"Oh my goddess! S- Silas what are you wearing!" I couldn't hold in my laughter.

"Uh uh it's not just him!" Benji said then him and Asher turn around they were wearing the same thing as Silas. Max and Aspen burst out laughing with me.

"Okay okay..I get it we look funny..but how was your guy's day?" Asher said turning back to the stove, Silas and Ben followed.

"It was good bro..what're you guys cooking?" Aspen responded.

"Well..we thought you guys would be hungry since you guys spent almost the whole day out there so we decided to cook for yall!" Ben said.

"Ohhh I'm excited for this..!" I pitched.

"Me too!"

"Same!"

"Alright guys c'mon the table is set, go take a seat and you guys can tell us about your day!" Silas said.

We all sat down at the table laughing and talking and it was a good feeling. I wanted it to stay like this; it was the feeling of being care free around the people you adore...it was happiness.

-------------

Thanks for reading!