Chapter Two

I thought of all the possible things that father could be calling me in for. Could I have received a bad mark from my tutor? Did Mother tell him about my recent tantrum? Was Nona in the hospital?

I held my breath as I knocked on his door. "Abigail? Is that you?"

"Yes Daddy."

"Come on in sweetheart." I opened the door and peeped in, looking around. "Come in darling. You're welcomed."

I stepped inside, straightening my shirt. "Hi Daddy..." I walked into his arms, giving him a big hug.

"How are you honey?"

"I'm good." He nodded and pulled a seat beside me. "Sit down we have a lot discuss...and time is running out. I nodded and quickly took a seat.

"For the past ten years of your life, Abigail, what have you learned. And why?

"I've learned to master the art of indecisiveness, and I've learned to be aware of everything around me; that the world is not what it seems to be, and that there enemies crawling in every corner. I must be smart and not be foolish to fall for society's blind interpret of life and educate myself so that I don't fall for anything or anyone unnecessary that would get in the way of succeeding."

Father slowly started to clap, laughing with joy. "Thats my girl!" I smiled proudly, and sat up a little straighter.

"Now Abby, I've watched you grow into a young women. And I've watched you train at your highest peak, and you never fail to surprise me. Tenth degree black belt in Karate and Tae Kwon Doe...you've proven to me how much you want to be a come a part of my team...

I held my breath as he stopped to look at me for a few seconds before continuing.

"Anyways, back to what I was saying."

I let my breath go, in disappointment.

"An emergency mission was filed in today. Remember that man I was talking about earlier last year? What was his name again...?"

"Mystery face?" He laughed at my nickname for the Man that was responsible for my grandfather's death...and hundreds more.

"Yes. Mystery face. The team has finally located him and his...demonic workman." A wave of excitement rushed through more. "You know who the man is? You found him?"

"Yes my darling, I have. And the team is in a hurry to go and launch the mission...but I think they're missing someone...someone very important."

I held my breath once again.

"Abigail Ressom? How would you like to join the AFSA?"

I jumped up and screamed and jumped up so more. "Oh my goodness...oh my goodness!" Father smiled as he watched me bounce around in his office with joy. "Daddy oh my gosh...thank you so much!" I gave him a giant hug, nearly knocking him over.

"You're welcome Abby...but you realize that this is not fun and games. This is a serious duty that has been assigned that I trust you to keep a close eye and a sharp mind." I nodded my head and sat back down, willing to listen to anything else he had to say.

"Mahone has been on our hit list for almost three years now...a young man...with too much power in his hands. We've learned quite a lot about him over the past few years. For instance, his Uncle died 4 years ago, leaving him to run the business...by the help of his cousin. But than...unfortunately, he died as well from a car accident...leaving 19 year old Mahone with more than 100 workmen."

"No wonder he's able to create such catastrophe's..." I muttered to myself. "Exactly. And that is why he must be validated. My dear Abigail...I'm counting on you. Are you ready for all of this?

I stood up, to meet my father's eyes. "Yes Father...I am."

Mahone has been the man I've despised for the last 2 years of my life...he was the reason why I and hundreds of others mourned the last couple years for our deceased loved ones...

And It was an honour to kill him.