three

*Oi it's me*

I glanced down at my phone when I heard the buzz, looking away from the TV screen. Luke and I had been binge watching American Horror Story for the past 6 hours now and I regretted nothing.

Ashton of course. Who else would be texting me?

*Oi it's you.* I replied quickly before setting my phone down again and paying attention to the show.

"Who are you texting?" Luke asked, though I knew from the tone in his voice he knew exactly who I was texting.

"No one special," I shrugged. My phone buzzed again and I glanced down to see another text from Ashton.

"You better text him back," Luke smirked at me when I didn't reply.

"Why?" I asked. "I'm watching a tv show and probably missing important plot points every time I reply to a text of his."

"I think we both know you care more about texting him back," Luke said. "Stop acting like it's no big deal."

"It is no big deal," I said. "He's just making casual conversation, which we do in Starbucks anyways."

Luke reached for the remote and paused the show. "Text him back."

"What the hell Luke?" I frowned. "I was watching that."

"We can watch it another time," he said. "Text him back."

I rolled my eyes, picking up my phone and reading the text. It was just him asking how my day had been. Seriously, Luke?

"Luke," I whined.

"I'm gonna go make dinner," he grinned, picking up the remote and putting it out of my reach on the top shelf of our bookshelf.

"Really?" I sighed.

He smiled at me, blew me a kiss and turned around and walked into the kitchen.

I rolled my eyes, quickly relying to Ashton's text to let him know I'd been doing fine until Luke had been so rude to stop the show I'd been watching.

"I replied to Ashton," I called to Luke. "Can I have the remote now?"

"Nope!"

I rolled my eyes again and shifted so I was laying against the couch and held my phone over my head. Luke was so immature sometimes.

After a few texts back and forth with Ashton for about 20 minutes, Luke called me into the kitchen to let me know dinner was done.

"Anything with Ashton?" he asked.

"Why?" I asked back, sitting down at the table and starting in on my salad.

"I'm nosy," he said. "Why else would I be asking?"

I rolled my eyes. "It doesn't matter." Ashton asked about hanging out on Sunday at a park or something. I told him I wasn't sure just yet, just so I could get some time to think it through. I didn't even know Ashton that well so I didn't really wanna just dive headfirst into a situation like that.

"Someone's getting defensive," Luke smirked at me. "He asked you out didn't he?"

"No." I took another bite of salad, ignoring Luke's nosiness.

"Yes he did," he replied. "Don't lie to me Taylor, I know you better than that."

"Okay fine," I sighed. "He asked me if I wanted to hang out at a park or something on Sunday. No big deal."

"Aaaand what did you say?" Luke took a bite of his salad, being noisier than ever.

"I told him I'd think about it," I said.

"Why didn't you say yes?!" Luke practically yelled.

"I don't know, I don't know if I really want to. Jesus Luke quiet down," I rolled my eyes.

"Oh bullshit," he snorted. "You want to go to the park with him and you know it."

I sighed. "I want to watch the rest of that episode." I ignored his comment.

"Not until you agree to go to the park with Ashton."

"Why are you being so controlling?" I groaned, starting in on my chicken.

"Because Taylor," he said. "You told me about the reason you moved to Seattle and by denying Ashton even a friendship you are limiting yourself to possibilities. Don't you ever want to get married and settle down? You know, possibly have children and not just work all the time?"

"Well Luke you're coming on a bit strong already talking about marriage and children with Ashton when I don't even know how I feel about him," I said.

"Not Ashton particularly," he said. "But you've lived in Seattle for what 6 months and you've only been on dates with one guy? I get that you want to settle in and everything but I think you're pretty settled in where you are now and it's time you start dating and get somewhere with your life rather than just watching movies and Netflix on weekends."

"I suppose you're right, to a degree," I said. "But I don't want to jump in headfirst with Ashton. I mean he's nice and all I guess but he's just so... I don't know, different."

"Well you can still date and get to know him," Luke took a bite of his chicken, finally. "And if it sparks into something more then great and if it doesn't then you can always look for another guy."

"And if Ashton turns out to be a total douche?"

"I'll kick his ass." Luke smiled at me.

I couldn't help but laugh too, finishing the last of my chicken. "I suppose I will tell Ashton that I'll go with him Sunday then."

"Good girl." Luke teased. I rolled my eyes at him.

After dinner I texted Ashton informing him that I would be delighted to go to the park with him on Sunday. Luke finally took the remote down and we watched the remainder of our episode of American Horror Story. I brushed my teeth before we started another and halfway through it I was half asleep, cuddled against Luke's chest on the couch. Luke has always been great at cuddling. He is warm, like a teddy bear. His arms seem to just engulf me whenever I hug him and I fall asleep on him more often than I probably should.

Pretending to be asleep, the episode ended and Luke turned off the television, carrying me into my bedroom like a small child. It wasn't much effort for him, he's rather strong and I'm quite small as it is.

He tucked me into my bed, turning off the light and leaving the door cracked open before quietly walking to his own bedroom and before I knew I was sound asleep, mentally preparing myself for what was to come the following day.