twenty-nine

"Ashton and I are going out tomorrow night," I informed Luke Monday night while he was cooking dinner.

"On a Tuesday?" he looked at me funny.

"Yes. Tomorrow will mark exactly one month since we've been together," I said. Yeah, we were still in our honeymoon phase a little bit but we were milking every last bit of it. I wasn't looking forward to our first fight but I knew it was bound to happen at one point.

"Oh isn't that cute," he teased, stirring around the fried rice he was making. "What are you guys going to do?"

"I don't know, I think Ashton has something planned," I informed him. I closed my book I was reading and looked over at Luke, who was getting out plates.

"Well I'm sure whatever he has planned is going to make you come home all giddy like you usually do," he said, stirring a little teriyaki sauce into the rice.

"Oh shut up," I said. "I'm hungry, are you done yet?"

"Yes, chill out." Luke handed me my plate of food and I didn't even wait for him to sit down with me before I started eating.

"I'm sure it'll be great whatever it is," I said.

-

Turns out, Ashton didn't actually have anything planned so we stood in Starbucks Tuesday night after I got off work having no clue what to do.

"I don't want to go out, honestly," I said. "I've had my fill of 'going out' for a while. What do you want to do?"

Ashton thought for a second. "You know, Chinese food sounds really good right now."

"Yes it does," I said.

"And I think a nice little board game sounds fun too," he said.

"The Game of Life?" I suggested.

"My house, so Luke doesn't come in and third wheel and ruin it," he said, taking my hand and walking me outside with him to his car.

We stopped on the way to his house to get Chinese food and sat down with forks and our food in his living room playing The Game of Life like we did on Valentine's Day.

"I think this definitely beats going out and doing anything else tonight," I said, shoveling a forkful of noodles into my mouth while Ashton played his turn and reached for the sesame chicken.

"I would definitely agree," he said. "I hate going out anyways and I'd much rather be sitting here with you playing a dumb game."

We played a couple more turns, laughing about how Ashton seemed to keep getting more and more kids just like he did the last time we played.

"I swear, my wife is cheating on me," he shook his head. "There is no way in hell all of these kids are mine."

I laughed as he placed another baby into his car, standing from the floor and telling me he was going to get some water.

I spun the spinner on the board and took my turn, looking up afterwards to see Ashton had returned and was sitting next to me again, watching me with a smirk on his face.

"What?" I asked, blushing. He didn't even seem fazed by the fact that I noticed he was staring.

"What do you mean? I'm looking at you," he said.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because you're my girlfriend," he said. "And I think you're beautiful."

"Smooth as ice here are we?" I teased, leaning in to nudge Ashton but he had other ideas.

He grabbed my hand from where I was trying to nudge him and held it to the side of me, leaning me back against the couch behind me. He leaned in and kissed me, letting go of my wrist and cupping my face with his hand, tangling his fingers in my hair behind my ear.

I reached up and ran my fingers through his hair as well, letting him move closer to me and kiss me more. I moved my hands down to his chest, dragging my nails down against the thin material of his shirt right down the middle of his chest, making his hand resting on his waist tighten. His lips detached from mine for a second as he let out a small moan.

Ashton didn't kiss me again though, he moved his lips to my neck and kissed on the same sensitive spot he found at Michael's party, only this time he swirled his tongue against it and bit down, dragging his teeth across my skin. I leaned my head back and closed my eyes, grabbing his shirt in my hands. I tugged on the fabric as he slid his hands just under my shirt, touching my bare skin with his warm hands and grabbing my waist.

In one motion, Ashton turned around and leaned against the couch behind him, pulling me onto his lap and knocked over the little container of noodles in the process. I leaned in and kissed him again, wrapping my arms around his neck and he wrapped his around my waist, pulling me against him. His fingers traced little circles against my skin as our heated kissing slowed down and I eventually pulled away a little to rest my forehead against his.

"Is this how playing The Game of Life is always going to end?" I asked, smiling at him as he nudged his nose against mine and hugged me closer to him.

"Probably," he said. "I just like kissing you."

"What a coincidence? I like kissing you too," I leaned down and kissed him on the lips again for a moment and he lifted me off of his lap.

"It's getting late and we both have to work tomorrow," he said, trying to clean up the noodles he knocked over while I started putting away the game pieces.

"Will I be seeing you this weekend?" I asked, placing the top back on the game as he gathered the empty containers and went to throw them away. "I want to take Chloe for a walk. I just got this cute little collar for her."

"I don't think I've ever heard of someone walking a cat," he laughed while he put the game away in a closet.

"Well I'm not just anyone," I wrapped my arms around his neck. "I'm not ordinary."

"You certainly aren't," he hugged me back and leaned down to kiss me again briefly. "Let's get you home and I'll see what I can arrange for this weekend."