twenty-one

"Whats the weirdest thing you've ever done?" Luke asked me Friday night as we were making dinner.

"The weirdest thing I've ever done?" I repeated. "I don't know, why?"

"No reason," he said. "I just think whatever it is isn't going to beat how weird what we're going to be doing tomorrow night."

"Please tell me what you have planned is legal," I said, wondering what it could possibly be.

"Oh it's totally legal," he said. "I'm sure you'll enjoy it almost as much as the old ladies."

"What?"

"Nothing! I'm hungry, pay attention to dinner." Luke walked out of the kitchen without any other explanation. I made a face at him as he left.

Dinner didn't take long to make, and afterwards I decided to relax and unwind from the week. I ran a hot bath, inspired by Niall's plans he made for Megan on Valentine's Day. I poured a couple drops of peppermint oil into the water and sighed as the smell opened my sinuses.

I stayed in so long I looked like a raisin when I got out, not realizing how long I'd actually been in the water. I went to bed early, too tired to deal with anything else for the day.

-

"Taylor come on, you are such a lazy ass." I woke up to Luke nudging me and when I didn't answer him he sat on me.

"Ow! Luke you have the boniest butt I have ever been sat on with!" I shoved him off the bed, cocooning myself in my blankets again and practically hissing at the sunlight coming from the blinds Luke had just opened.

"Wow you're actually alive!" Why did he have so much energy this early in the morning?

"Taylor come on its 10:30," Luke groaned. "I'm bored and you shouldn't be sleeping all day."

I groaned and rolled over to face him. He was looking down at me expectantly.

"5 minutes," I mumbled, closing my eyes again.

"Only 5!" Luke got off my bed and left my room, finally giving me a moment of peace.

I got out of bed and went into the kitchen, not changing out of my sweats and t-shirt yet. Luke was making breakfast, I am so blessed.

"I made hash browns because I felt sorry for you," Luke said, finishing the eggs he was cooking.

"Why do you feel sorry for me?" I sat down at the table, watching him dish them onto plates.

"I don't know, you just kinda looked pathetic in there all wrapped up like a burrito."

"Thanks."

Luke set a plate on the table for me and I got right into it.

"What time are your plans?" I asked.

"I want to leave by 5," he said. "There's a bus we can take that'll get us less than a block from the place we're going."

"Okay," I said, still wondering what it was he had planned.

"I figured you and your weird little routines you'd want time to clean up our already spotless apartment," Luke rolled his eyes.

"The apartment is not spotless," I argued. "The carpets should be vacuumed at least once a week, and the floor in here needs to be mopped and the shelves and stereo in the living room need to be dusted and--"

"Yeah, yeah," he said, waving his hand at me to be quiet. "I got you up so you'd have time to do all that jazz."

"I hope you plan on helping. You live in this apartment too."