Prologue

The Replacement Wife
Started: December 4, 2020
Ended: ** ** ****

DISCLAIMER:
This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events, and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

This isn't a perfect story. Many typographical, grammatical and any errors that you may encounter as you go along the story.

PLAGIARISM IS A CRIME!

PS.#walangforever #charotwanhap

Prologue

I closed my eyes tight as the door slowly opened wide. I kept myself calm and tried not to let a single tear escaped from my eyes.

'I'm sorry, Athena. I'm sorry.'..

As my eyes were closed, a wave of memory played on.

It was a sunset at the beach, and I was there looking at the sun almost kissing the deep sea.

This is the perfect moment and the perfect setting for couples. And I am here with the guy I love ever since I can remember.

I looked at him, but his eyes were transfixed to the scenery in front of us. He looks calm and serene like the sea, but his eyes tell otherwise. It's like there's a storm within him.

"What are we going to talk about?" I broke the calming silence between us.

Finally, he looked at me. My heart flipped as his eyes bore into mine. I looked at him the same ferocity his looks are.

"You're gonna hate me for this." He sighed.

I looked at him and showed him an assuring smile. I answered, "I won't. I'll understand. Tell me."

I looked at him like I was looking for a way to enter his head, to read his mind, to know his thoughts. But, he didn't let me as his eyes turned into a cold and stone-like look.

"You're the only person I could trust for now..." he thrilled off.

I looked at him and waited for him to continue. Ano'ng sasabihin niya? Bakit may pa-thrilling pa? Nagsisimula na akong kabahan.

"Will you marry me?"

And I thought I went deaf. I went numb. I went... I don't know. I just saw myself speechless while staring at him blankly, trying to sunk in my mind what he just said.

Marry him? B-But what about A-Athena? Ano 'to gagohan?

"Nababaliw ka na ba?" pilit na tawang tanong ko.

"Yes."

I looked at him unbelievably and with disbelief. Just what the heck is happening?

I felt my heart clenched as I thought about he's just messing around. He's just joking around, playing around with this proposal, including my feelings for him.

"Stop pranking and joking around, Zeiger," I said firmly.

"I am not joking around, Laine." His voice was with authority. Damn his bossiness.

I scoffed in disbelief, and looked at him unbelievably.

"You can't proposed to me, Zeiger Drake Alcante. Alam mo ba ang ginagawa mo? What would Athena will say? Did you lost your sanity---"