CHAPTER 4- FIRST NAME BASIS

Start from the beginning

She was looking intently at me though. "Wae? What's wrong?"

"Why are you so covered up? It's really hot outside, you know."

"Haha, I look weird right? But you don't want your famous friend to mobbed by hos fans, right?" I smiled at her. Eversince that day we studied together, I loved how her presence can calm me. She might look a bit nerdy to some but to me she like a sedative. Since that one day, I wanted to stay beside her. Kpop life could get a little crazy, but she's someone who is oblivious of it.

"Yeah, remind me you're a celebrity okay. I tend to forget." She chuckled.

"Ani, I prefer it when you treat me like a normal person, not a celebrity," I said. We finished cleaning up.

"How about your girlfriend, Hyuna?" She asked as she took her bag.

"Ani, she likes the idea the idea that I'm a celebrity. Sometimes, I feel I feel pressured about it to."

"Ohhhh-kay, I see. Now, Jin-haksaeng, get your act together. Let's study!" She smiled as she motioned me to get my bag.

"Aniyo, we are not studying today." I took her hand. She flinched at the gesture but took it still?

"Huh? I thought you texted me so we can study."

"I'm not in the mood now. Let's put our books in the locker first." We ran to the lockers.

"Wait where are we going then?" She adjusted her eyeglasses which was slipping off the bridge of her nose.

I looked into her eyes and said, "Just trust me. Today, we will be enjoying, okay?" She smiled and nodded her head.

We hailed a cab and I told it to head to the amusement park. Irene sat silently so I kind of found it awkward.

"Irene-ssi?" I said.

"Nae?"

"What's your Korean name?"

"Joo Hyun, Bae Joo Hyun." 

"Oh, it's beautiful. Joo Hyun," I suddenly had an idea. "Joohyun-ah." I called her while acting cute. "Joohyun-ah."

Irene looked at me and laughed softly. "Stop acting cute."

"Waeyo? It suits me well." I faced her and continued, "From now on, I'll call you Joohyun. Don't call me Jin anymore. You call me Seokjin, okay?"

"Why? Irene and Jin sounds okay to me." Irene stared at me. "You don't like it? Besides, I'm really used to Irene already."

"I'd like us to be unique from others, though. I like to know if its you calling me and you'll know if its me, too." I rested my chin on my hand, looking outside the window, as I spoke to her