Waking Up Next To Him

All I remember is Thomas’ long, muscular arm wrapping around my waist and his legs tangled with mine. I remember his long, skinny fingers, that weren’t wrapped around my waist, laced in mine. His face inches away from mine. I remember feeling Thomas’ warm breath on his face. And I remember his dark, brown eyes watching me as my own eyes fought to stay open. Finally, I remember my eyes slowly shut for the night and the image of Thomas seared in my brain until I wake up in the morning, seeing him again.

My eyes flutter open. I cringe a bit at the sight of the sun shining into Thomas and I’s room. The sun’s rays are shining right in my eyes, so I squint for a while. Then, once I’m used to the brightness of the sun, I turn to look at Thomas. His arms are still wrapped around my waist. Our legs are still tangles. His fingers are still laced with mine. The feeling of Thomas’ warm breath still on my face. Except now Thomas’ dark, brown eyes, that I adore, are closed.

He looks so peaceful as he sleeps. His chest slowly rises and falls, with at an even pace. I begin to feel my own breathing matching him, so now our breathing is in sync. I then remember I’m holding his hand. I give it a kwik, gentle squeeze, reassuring him that I’m still here. I swear I feel him squeeze back, but I’m not exactly sure.

“I love you, Thomas,” I whisper quietly into his ear.

After about twenty minutes of rhythmic breathing and constant hand squeezes, from me. I decide to fall back asleep. This time instead of looking into his eyes as I fall asleep, I snuggle my face into his muscular chest. I can hear my heartbeat. It’s constant, just like his breathing. I can feel the breathing and hear the heartbeat. I try not to confuse the two as I lose my consciousness.

Thomas Pov

(Y/N)’s eyes looked heavy as she fell asleep. Her hazel eyes slowly shut for good. Then mine did the same. We fell asleep with our bodies facing each other. Her hot breath blowing onto my face. (Y/N)’s warm, soft hands holding mine. A smile stayed painted on her lips all through the night. My right arm lay across (Y/N)’s body and our legs sewn together. I’m hot from our two bodies being so close together, but I don’t care.

As my eyes open, I see (Y/N), she’s still asleep. Her hazel eyes, covered by her eyelids look gentle, as she sleeps. Her lips still form into a smile, that makes me smile. Our bodies are still close and our legs are still sewn together. We are in the same position as we were when we fell asleep, except (Y/N)’s head is laying on my chest now. (Y/N)’s body looks so peaceful and content. So I just stare.

(Y/N) Pov

I wake up to Thomas staring intently at me. Then when he notices I’ve woken and seen him staring, I see him blush. I can’t believe my eyes. The Thomas Brodie Sangster blushed. He is way too cool to blush. I giggle a bit.

“What?” Thomas asks, giving me a confused look as I laughed even more.

“You blushed,” I laughed.

“So…” Thomas said, trailing off. I laugh even harder now. He’s such a dork sometimes.

“I can’t believe ‘Mr. Cool’ just blushed,” I say, giggling quietly. I see Thomas roll his eyes at me. Then he kisses my forehead, pulling me in closer to his warm body. I lay my head on his chest and hear his heartbeat and feel his breathing again. I try to match our breathing like I did before. I don’t know why I do it, it’s just kind of a game for me. I smile just thinking about how happy this man makes me.