Meeting The Family As Friends

“Hey, you wanna come over for a cookout at my house tonight?” I ask Thomas. He looks up from his phone, then he smiles.

“Yeah, sounds like fun,” Thomas replies. I smiles back then we part ways.

Later That Night

I hear the doorbell ring and I run over to answer it. When I open the door, I see Thomas standing there, smirking like a little kid.

“Hey, Tommy!” I exclaim, grabbing his arm and pulling him inside. His eyes widen as he sees the house full of people.

“Who are all these people?” Thomas whispers in my ear. I mockingly lean towards his ear.

“My family,” I whisper, giggling at the stunned look on Thomas’ face.

“Whoa, you have a huge family,” Thomas states. I roll my eyes and drag him over to a couple of my aunts.

“Aunty Chris, Aunty Jody, Aunty Shell, this is Thomas, my best friend,” I tell them . Thomas shakes all their hands. He’s grinning like an idiot.

“Nice to meet you, Thomas,” Aunty Jody says. My aunts then continue to talk about my pregnant cousin. I listen in on the gossip.

“(Y/N)!” I hear someone yell from the kitchen. I glance over at Thomas, he nods for me to go, so I do.

Thomas Pov

“Finally she’s gone,” one of (Y/N)’s aunts says. My eyes widen at the comment.

“Huh,” is all I say.

“So, Thomas, are you (Y/N)’s boyfriend?” I practically choke when another one of (Y/N)’s aunts says that.

“Umm… No…” I stutter. I see the disappointment on their faces. “Not that I don’t want to be because I do. She’s the most amazing girl I’ve ever met and she’s so beautiful…” I ramble on. I could go on and on, but one of them clears their throat, nervously. I turn around to see (Y/N) standing there, wide eyed. My heart drops. Crap!

“Tommy…” (Y/N) says under her breath.

“How much did you here?” I ask, scrunching up my face, not wanting to hear the answer.

“Umm… Everything…” (Y/N) trails off. I face palm and groan.

“No, no, no… Argh,” I say. Then I just walk into the bathroom. (Y/N) just stands there, shocked.

About 2 minutes later I hear a knock at the door.

“Tommy, please come out. We gotta talk,” she says. It sounds kind of muffled from the other side of the door. I open the door, but don’t look into her eyes. “Tommy look at me,” she says. I still don’t. “Thomas… Please…” she says. Wait did she just call me Thomas. She only calls me Thomas when she’s being serious. So, I look up.

“Happy?” I mutter.

“Do you really feel that way about me?” (Y/N) asks. I just nod, trying not to make eye contact. Then out of no where her lips connect with mine. (Y/N)’s arms wrap around my neck and she kisses me.

I’ve been waiting about 3 years for this and I’m too shocked to even kiss back. Nice Thomas. Finally my brain starts to work again and I kiss back. When she pulls away, I can see a smile form on (Y/N)’s face.

“I feel the same,” she giggles.

(A/N): Just so everone knows I will be doing more than 101 imagines. I am not done. So keep requesting. And thanks so much for all the reads, comments, and votes.

Thanks a bunch!