Chapter 7 - Sirius' Family

Start from the beginning

"They were slytherins," Azalea asked slowly. Sirius winced but nodded.

"Are they bad people? Are they like some of the people here?"

"Yes, but one hundred times worse. I know I'm going to regret telling you this, but here it goes," he said as he looked at the ground, "My parents- there's this guy- and - they just- he is- how do I say this?"

"Just say it," Azalea stated.

"Okay, let me try again. There is this guy and he is a dark wizard. He is getting followers, and once he has enough, he is going to start a war. He barely has any right now. It is kind of like a muggle hating club. It probably won't go anywhere. He and his followers will attack muggles, muggleborns, and blood traitors, if they get big enough, though. He wants to kill them all so only purebloods are left. It is kind of like a cult. They have lots of weird rules."

"Is he stupid? Purebloods will die out eventually if you only mate them! No magic people will be left," Azalea exclaimed,  "Wait...what does this have to do with your family?"

"Yes, he is stupid, and this has a lot to do with my family. They want to join him... they think he will be strong and powerful, and they want to be a part of that. They want me and my brother to be a part of that."

"But you are not going to are you," Azalea asked, "Please don't. That's just stupid." Sirius smiled and shook his head.

"I'm not going to join him, but I can't say the same for my brother. He isn't like me. I always said what my parents believe in is wrong. Him? Not so much."

"So you are like a rebel, huh? That's so cool! I want to be a rebel to," Azalea whined. Sirius smiled and shook his head. Azalea knew he didn't need anyone to comfort him. He just needed some good laughs.

"You know, maybe I can convince my parents to let you stay in August! Then you would only have to spend two months with those awful people! What do you think?"

"I think you need to not yell at the owls if you want to send a letter," Sirius smiled. He was glad Azalea was willing to help him.

"I won't yell at them," Azalea frowned, "Besides, Pickle is used to my loud voice." Azalea smiled as she began walking towards the owlery.

"Pickle," Sirius asked, "I thought his name was Spinner?" He followed Azalea out of the portrait hole.

"It was his name. I changed it," Azalea chirped, "His name was too boring! I had to change it! Who wants a boring owl? Not me!"

"Spinner isn't boring. I have never met an owl named Spinner! Of course, I also have never met an owl who tried to bite my finger off before, either," Sirius grumbled.

"That's just his way of saying hello! Besides, he never bites me! I don't know why everyone says he is so mean," Azalea ran ahead. Sirius sighed, jogging after her.

"It's because he is! He hates everyone but you! He is a stupid owl," he grumbled. If that owl bit him again, he would tear its head off.

"Hi, Pickle," Azalea waved at her owl. She took some parchment and a quill out of her robes. Her owl seemed to be separated from the others.

"See," Sirius yelled, and a few owls jumped, "It's separated! Why is it separated? Oh yeah. Because it bites!"

"Be nice to him and he won't bite you," she rolled her eyes. She began to write her letter to her parents.

"Be nice to it, she says. It won't bite you, she says," Sirius grumbled as he approached Pickle's cage. He was going to try for Azalea.

"Hey little guy," Sirius started, "I'm not going to hurt you, okay? Please don't bite me." He stuck his fingers through the cage. The bird looked at him curiously and stuck its head by his hand. Sirius closed his eyes and winced, expecting to be bit. The bird didn't bite him. Instead, it rubbed it's head against his hand and looked back up at him. Sirius was astounded. He didn't know that the bird could actually be nice. He thought it hated everyone except Azalea. Now, he would have to say he was wrong.

"Who was right," Azalea smirked. She walked over to the cage and opened it. Pickle flew out and landed on her arm, and Azalea handed Sirius the letter.

"Tie that onto his leg for me. Now, tell me Sirius, who was right? Who was wrong," Azalea smirked as Sirius tied the letter onto the owl.

"You were right and I was wrong," Sirius grumbled quietly. He hated admitting he was wrong. It meant you were admitting defeat, and he did not want to be defeated.

"What? I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you," Azalea smirked as she turned to Pickle and said, "Go to my house. Give it to mum and dad. Stay until they answer and tie the note back onto your leg." The bird pecked at Azalea affectionately and flew out of the window. Azalea turned to Sirius and crossed her arms.

"I said, you were right and I was wrong! There! Are you happy now," Sirius sighed as they began heading back towards the castle.

"Very happy," Azalea smiled, "I can't wait until Lily gets back! Let's not tell her you are coming with us! It will be our secret! Secrets are fun to have."

"Secrets are fun to have? Why do you like keeping secrets Azalea? They are a pain in the butt sometimes!" Azalea looked at him like he was crazy.

"Because those annoying fruits had them, and I want them too," she yelled, "Does that clear everything up?"

"No, not really. What annoying fruits do you speak to, Azalea," Sirius asked, amused. He always liked her crazy conversation starters.

"Well, there is this apple, and he is absolutely annoying! All he says is apple! Apple, apple, apple! Can't he at least say pineapple? I mean gosh!"

"Oh, really," Sirius said as he tried to hold in his laughter, "What other fruits annoy you." He was not going to laugh. She would have to be the first one to laugh, he wasn't losing this game.

"Well, there is this lemon,and it won't say anything! At least the apple talks! The stupid lemon won't even talk," she exclaimed. Sirius let out the laugh he had been holding. 

"You lost," she laughed.