Chapter 6.1 - Wake Up

Azalea glanced around before darting across the hallway, steering clear of any light. She had her hood pulled over her head, hiding behind curtains when she could. She didn't want anyone to see her. Didn't need anyone to see her. This was something she was doing and it wasn't anyone else's business.

   Her robes fluttered behind her as she ran, her shoes lightly tapping the ground. Everyone was in class now, no one could stop her. She had made her decision. Tears blurred her vision and she felt like everything was surreal, like nothing she was doing at the moment mattered. She pushed herself to run faster, finally leaving the building. 

   She didn't stop until she was in front of the lake, staring down at the dark water in front of her. "Please. Please. Someone help me," she whispered shakily, "SOMEONE HELP ME!" No one heard her. No one ever did. "Fine," she spat, "I'll do it, then. Not like any of you care. I'm just that silly werewolf girl." 

  "Z," a voice spoke up behind her, "Azalea, please."

    "What? What do you want?"

   "I want you to come here and stop being ridiculous. Azalea, this will end soon. I promise. But you don't need to do this. Just-please. Come here." Azalea turned to face him, her hood blowing off. Her red hair blew behind her, whipping the air angrily.

   "Why should I? You don't care. You left me. You LEFT me!"

    "I know I did, Z. And I know I hurt you. But it was a misunderstanding! You have been so messed up lately and-"

    "Messed up? Messed up?! You don't know messed up! I haven't even shown you messed up! You want to see messed up?! Go look at your deranged mother! That's who is messed up! Not me!"

   "Fine! Go ahead! Leave me, then! If that's what you want, then go! And stop making everyone else suffer!"

   "Fine," she cried, "I will!" Azalea took a step backwards, shivering in the cold.

    "No! Azalea! I didn't mean that!" Sirius raced forwards, reaching out a hand. Azalea shook her head, reaching out her hand.

   "Help me," she cried before slipping backwards. She groped for his hand but it was too late. She had fallen.

   Azalea awoke with a start, gripping onto Sirius. She took a deep breath, snuggling her head into his bare chest. "It was just a dream," she whispered to herself, "Just a dream, Azalea. He didn't leave you. You didn't fall in the freezing cold lake..." She had had the dream before, of course. It was constant. She was just afraid that it was a vision, not a dream. And if it was, why was she jumping in the lake? What was the point of that? She didn't quite understand. 

   "Azalea," Sirius murmured in a husky voice, "Azalea, are you the one talking?" She nodded her head, letting her eyes drift to the other boys. They were still asleep.

    "It's a half moon today," she muttered, "And Christmas."

    "At least it isn't a full moon," he smiled.

   "I know," she sighed.

    "Merry Christmas," he muttered, tightening his arms around her. 

   "Merry Christmas," she muttered back. The five marauders had all stayed for Christmas, wanting to be with each other. Their families were fine with it on the most part, just a little upset. Azalea could understand that. She would be upset if her child didn't want to spend the holidays with her. 

   "Another bad dream," he asked when he noticed her shivering.

   "Yeah," she nodded, "The one where we were by the lake again..."