Chapter 6.2 - Love

Azalea approached the stairs cautiously, fiddling with her earring. She was running late for her date and she still hadn't slipped her shoes on. She secured the earring on her ear, moving onto the next one. She ran faster down the stairs, wrapping a belt around her waist. She huffed as she pushed the portrait door open, shuffling out.

   "Hi," she waved shyly at Sirius, "I was running late," she explained. She dropped her shoes on the ground, squeezing her feet inside of them. "I'm ready now, though." 

   "Good, good," he pulled at his hair, smiling at her. 

   "Are you still nervous," she questioned, "Because you know how I feel about that." 

   "Yes, love. I do know."

   "Good. Are you going to tell me where we are going?" She took his hand in hers, rubbing her thumb over the palm of his hand. 

   "There isn't many places to go," he muttered, clearing his throat afterwards, "But I think you'll enjoy it." 

   "I know I will."

    "Why is that?"

    "Because," she blushed, "I always enjoy being around you. Even when I had to hide in your closet or when my mother yelled at me. I thought about you and I was fine. I looked at you and it made everything perfect."

   "Sorry," she apologized when he didn't say anything, "I just thought..." 

   "You thought right," he managed out, still shocked. He was nervous before, but now, he felt slightly better. "Let's go," he coughed, "To our date, I mean. I didn't want us being out in the cold, so I set up something inside instead. I hope you don't mind."

   "Of course not," Azalea smiled, Sirius letting out a deep breath behind her. 

   "Good, good," he repeated his earlier statement. He pulled her forwards, forcing her to follow him. 

   "Aren't you going to blindfold me," she joked.

   "That's a great idea," he smirked, slipping his tie off, "This thing was killing me, anyways." 

   Azalea laughed "You didn't have to wear it, you know. Look," she reached out to touch his chest. "You usually have the first two buttons undone," she muttered to herself, "You went all out tonight, didn't you?" 

   "I did," he chuckled, "I thought you would like it better if I looked fancier." 

   "I liked it better before," she muttered, "It looked sexier." Sirius chuckled at the blush that had appeared on her face, smiling charmingly.

   "I'll fix that later, then," he grinned at her. 

   "Blindfold me, already. I'm starting to think you are going to choke me, instead." 

   "Ideas for later," he grinned.

   Azalea giggled "Yeah, okay." Sirius got behind her, placing the tie around her eyes. He gently tied it in the back, careful not to hurt her by tightening it too much.

   He led her away from the hall, down another set of stairs. "Siri," she exclaimed as she clawed his arm, "I can't see, remember? You have to help me!" 

   "Oh, yeah," he muttered, "Sorry." 

   "You seem nervous, still," she knitted her eyebrows together, "Is it just because it's Christmas? Or is it because this is the first time we've been alone in a while?"

   "Your beauty takes its toll on me," he muttered sheepishly, trying to distract her.