Ch. 1

Dabi growled to himself, holding his side tightly. A normal night at the bar turned south when another alpha decided he was looking at his omega too much. In the fray of growls and quirks getting activated he failed to see the small omega pull a knife on him and effectively stab him in his abdomen. Now he was on the run from the police who quickly figured out who the scar-faced alpha was based on the 119 calls.

He ran as much as he could before the blood loss started to affect him. When he decided running wasn't going to get him anywhere he found a fire escape he could jump onto and started to climb. In the distance, he could hear the officers yelling orders about capturing him.

Dabi's plan was to get to the roof, but with each passing level, he felt himself getting tired and tired, dizziness setting in three floors up. He cursed himself for picking such a tall building, but the officers and heroes were getting closer and closer to him and he picked up the speed. When flashlights lit up the alleyway he dropped down and hunkered close to the apartment wall. He froze as the officers tried to find his scent, he hoped he was high enough up that they couldn't pinpoint it.

But Dabi's worries started to fade as he started to blackout. Voices started to get more distant, and Dabi felt the world around him spin before his head hit the cool metal of the fire escape with a soft thud.

~~~

Niko softly whined when the sunlight rudely woke her up in the morning. She had a long night at the urgent care hospital she worked at, three alphas broke out into a fight in the waiting room when they all declared possession over her. Causing her to be cornered and pinned by the raging alphas until her beta co-worker was able to sedate them. That was enough for her to take a week off to recuperate and calm down.

She groaned softly feeling the bruising on her arms and ribs. Gently she got out of her burrow of pillows and blankets to get some painkillers. Niko made her way to the bathroom and then to the kitchen so she could make her morning tea. The sun was just starting to rise and she watched it as her water boiled. She grabbed a coat she left on her table and went to go have her tea on the fire escape, the sunrise was calming and the fresh air would be good to help calm her down. Niko was blissfully unaware of the unconscious man on her fire escape, it wasn't until she stepped out and came into contact with a warm wet mass did she look down at the seemingly dead man under her living room window.

She yelped, dropping her mug on the man, and fell back into her apartment quickly backing away from the window.

"What the hell!" Dabi jolted, quirk activating immediately as he quickly stood up. Niko cried, loudly chirping in fear as she looked at the man covered in blood and the blue flames that covered his hands.

"Who the hell do you think you are," Dabi growled lowly, his vision was still blurry and he had trouble keeping himself up straight. He looked into the open window and saw a small omega inside, she was shaking visibly but was trying to hide her facial expressions from him. He could smell how scared she was nevertheless. Begrudgingly he stopped his quirk, his alpha scolding him for scaring the omega girl.

"S-sorry" Niko softly said, trying to hide her shaking from him, but failed. Fear overtook her quickly, her omega still was scared from last night but now she was completely alone with a wounded alpha who looked hostile. None of her neighbors here were alphas, she didn't believe anyone but an alpha would be able to fend the man off, she thought of the pepper spray she kept in her purse but she wouldn't have time to run if she had to.

The man didn't say anything, he just watched her. He noticed quickly her chirps, if she kept it up someone was going to come looking to help her. Dabi has heard plenty of omegas chirp when they are around him, they all chirp when they're scared and Dabi knows how scary he looks. But for the first time, his alpha wanted to comfort an omega, and he involuntarily started purring softly to calm her down. He saw the shock on her face when she heard him start purring.

"I'm not gonna hurt...y-you." He slurred but quickly that was the last thing he was able to get out as he promptly passed out again, this time loudly hitting the metal of the fire escape. Niko yelped at the sudden collapse of the mystery man, slowly crawling over to her window to look at him.

"H-hey are you o-okay?" she softly said, peering slowly over the edge of her window. Niko saw the man passed out again, gently she reached out the window and poked his leg and then quickly backed away in case he were to get up. When she decided he was in fact passed out she went to inspect the alpha.

Niko quietly stepped out into the fire escape and kneeled next to him, he landed on his side and she could see his blood-soaked shirt. Quickly her nurse mood kicked in and any fear she once had gone to the back of her mind. She gently laid him on his side and moved his shirt up. She could see a knife wound, three inches long and it looked deep, but not enough to cause serious concern about it reaching a vital organ. It was below a large burn scar that still looked raw. She frowned, noticing burn scars littered his entire body, even his face. Niko wondered if her healing quirk helped heal some of them.

She ran back into her apartment and grabbed a pillow and a wet rag, she was going to have to use her quirk since she didn't have the tools to do stitches. In case he woke up during the process she wanted him to be somewhat comfortable. Niko quickly got to work, putting the pillow under his head and started wiping fresh and dry blood away from his wound, the sudden jolt she caused made the cut bleed.

Niko took a deep breath and laid her hands on his injury, hands glowing a soft blue. Her quirk allowed her to heal injuries to the skin, she couldn't mend broken bones or regenerate them like other people with healing quirks could. That's why she settled with working at an urgent care hospital in her neighborhood where she sees minor quirk injuries, minor cuts, and things that aren't bad enough to go to the emergency room. The only downside to her quirk is both parties fall asleep after usage, the worse the wound the longer they will need to sleep. After training with her quirk she is able to sleep half the amount the patient will. By the looks of this alphas injury, she will only have to sleep for an hour or two, which will give her time to go to the store and get him something to eat that will help him with the dizziness.

When she was done she got a blanket and laid it across his sleeping body, there was no way she would be able to lift him into the apartment. In case he woke up before her she scribbled a note on a post-it note and gently put it on his forehead. Niko then started feeling the after-effects of her quirk set in. She collapsed on her couch and quickly fell back to sleep with the alpha still feet away from her. 

Author Note:

Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed the first chapter, this will be the first fanfiction I've ever posted and I'm a little scared! More world-building will happen in the coming chapters. Like I said in the description there will be A/B/O dynamics in this story but I hope to give it a fun new spin on it.

Until next time!

-I