yungi {epilogue}

"hey mingi, could you tell me a story about one of the weirdest patients you've ever had when you worked at the mental hospital?" yunho asked softly, his head resting on mingi's lap as mingi played with his hair. "of course, why the sudden request?" mingi asked.

yunho hummed, "not sure, i'm just curious." mingi smiled at the boy, before starting to tell the story. the two were out on a date in the park, having a picnic on the grass because mingi suggested it. yunho thought the idea was a little too common for a date, and he wished they did something more.. fun. he wanted to do something that he could think of only yunho and mingi doing it.

but.. because yunho didn't want to be mean, he considered mingi's idea and here they were. yunho tried to listen to mingi's story as he stared up at the boy, who stared off in the distance as he talked about the memory.

"their name was young-mi, she was 14 and she was the sweetest girl ever. i honestly wasn't sure why she was put in that horrible place.. but when i talked about her in the most nicest way possible, her parents protested otherwise, said i would regret saying that and that it was all an act." mingi explained, still wondering about the girl.

"was she a little different than you thought?" yunho asked curiously.

mingi hummed in response, "she apparently had a teddy bear named jang-mi back at home, and called it her sister. but her actual older sister named jang-mi, died in a car accident three years before she was admitted. she would take that bear everywhere with her.. she got so attached that when her parents threatened to take it from her, she wrote a fake suicide note and ran away from home for a few days. when the police found her, she was talking to the bear on a playground at around 3am in the morning."

mingi talked calmly, as he explained further. yunho's eyes widen in shock, "she really did that? was she possessed or something?"

mingi shook his head as he chuckled at yunho's questions, "i would've thought so, but turns out the girl just really missed her sister. she eventually got a little better and thanked me specifically before she got discharged, her parents thanked me as well and said that i had really made a change in her." yunho smiled, looking up at mingi in awe.

"you were a good doctor, sometimes i feel bad that i was your patient. you could've been there longer.." yunho trailed off, feeling bad about the incident from three years ago.

"stupid, i had to leave soon anyways. i was only there for a short amount of time, before deciding i wanted to live my life a little bit. i also wanted to experiment other jobs." yunho mouthed an "o", feeling a little slow for saying what he did before. "so like how you've had seven different jobs after that one?" yunho asked jokingly, causing mingi to chuckle with yunho. "yeah, like that."

yunho sat up from his spot and glanced at the distance, he saw what mingi had been seeing this whole time. there was kids running around, families eating together, owners playing fetch with their dog, and even a couple fighting in the distance. yunho immediately looked away from the last one though, before coughing awkwardly. he laced his fingers with mingi's to take his mind off the thought of them arguing.

"babe, do you want to get sushi and come to my house...? you could sleepover too!" yunho smiled at mingi, bringing his fiancé's hand up to his mouth for a gentle kiss. mingi blushed at the sudden affection, before nodding with a smile. "anything you want to do, yunnie. as long as you're smiling, okay?"

"yes!! let's go then, hurry, definitely don't just want to be alone with you.." yunho trailed off as he pulled his boyfriend onto his feet, completely ditching their picnic blanket and basket. but to be honest, they both had forgotten about it, both looking forward to the night they had ahead of them.

__________

YUNGI EPILOGUEEE !!!

do you guys like it? what did you think?

this is probably one of my most favorite chapters so far 😌😌 but i hope you enjoyed it, and look forward to the seongsang epilogue..? honestly i forgot which one is next, but it'll be published soon. :))